Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you move down the country to get a nicer house?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ILikeFriday

My concern would be are you a city person by nature and would you be bored out of your brains with country life?

I don't mean this in a derogatory way about living in the country. I grew up there. I live there now. It suits me fine. But I went to college in Dublin and they are worlds apart.

Are you someone who reslishes having all the best events to go to and the ability to go out somewhere different every week if you want to, never going back to the same place twice?

In a small town, or even a big non-city town, there are only going to be a few of anything - pubs, restaurants, sports clubs, gyms, schools etc.

This brings me onto another significant disadvantage of living in the country and that is everybody knowing everybody, which sounds lovely, but anything you do will be all over town immediately and you really won't have the privacy/anonymity you do in a city.

These are just questions to ask your self before deciding. I'm not saying don't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

jmayo wrote: »

And you put your location as Cork city ?????

I should edit at some stage, moved to west cork and commute a few years ago.:)

Advertisement