Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Environmental Policy

Options
  • 24-06-2013 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

Anyone else on here doing this masters? I'm starting in September

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 BvGnl

Yes! Just finished my BSc, heading for UCD in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Cool! So there is someone then

Looks like we are the only two though. Do you know whether this programme is relatively popular/how many students attend?

No idea unfortunately, which is exactly why I started this post. All I know is that when people I know were talking about post-grads they were considering, (did my BA in geography in ucd) nobody mentioned Environmental Policy. Hopefully there is a decent class size though!

We'll see in September, pretty excited to start. Housing is arranged too (how about you?), so ready to book a one way ticket to Dublin. Do you know whether it is pretty common to just do your master at UCD or have most students also done their bachelor there? Any clue on how masters degrees at UCD are quality/class/workload wise?

• Advertisement

Housing wise I'm not sure, have to see what way my grant goes before I think about that (I could be doing the commute again). Quality and workload wise I'm not sure. I know people say doing a higher diploma in UCD is much more work heavy than elsewhere, don't know if that applies to masters. Also I'd say there are many people doing their masters that didn't do there BA or BSc in UCD. As In said I did my BA in geography here and I don't know anyone who said they were doing this masters

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chrisdixonsham

Hi Guys,
    I will be starting this course in September, how are ye finding it so far?
    Anything you could recommend reading before I begin?
    Is the workload severe?
    Any feedback appreciated, cheers!

It is a very interesting course, very broad we deal with a lot of different aspects, political, social and economic and from a law perspective, not just scientifically as I originally imagined. I wouldn't bother reading, you will be doing enough of that when you start!! I'll be honest there is a heavy workload, and a lot of group work involved in the course, which was something I didn't know to expect before I came, as well as having your own stuff to deal with. But don't worry, it is manageable!!

Advertisement