Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RPA .243 Thumbhole Hunter

Options
  • 24-06-2013 3:01pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As per the title i am putting my RPA Thumbhole Hunter in .243 cal up for sale. I bought this rifle only a few months ago, but i am in the middle of a serious shuffle of guns, and need to sacrifice one to make room for the others.

I intend to sell/advertise this rifle for the next 5-6 weeks only (Until first week of August). If the rifle is not sold or not sold for what it is worth then i will remove the advert, scrap my plans, and keep it. This is not a forced sale but more so a sale to help finance my plan to change out my other firearms.

The rifle is approx. 18 months old and in immaculate condition. It was bought brand new by a friend who, due to an accident, was unable to use the rifle. It was stored for a time until he decided he would not get to use it, and to sell. I bought it from him and between his use, and mine there is a grand total of 50 rounds gone through it. All zeroing, and testing shots with a thorough cleaning between shots.

There is no expense spared on this rifle or the equipment on it. I have listed everything in as much detail as possible. The rifle alone is £3,700 (€4,300) new from RPA. Along with the Sightron SIII SS scope (£800 / €930), Badger Ordnance rings (€160), Ase Utra Jet-Z compact mod (€365), Harris swivel/lockable bipod (£129 / €150) the rifle is unmatched in terms of quality, and performance. She is a 1:10 twist and shoots everything from 58gr up to 100 gr rounds. She will one hole the popular branded 58, 80 an 95 grain rounds, and ragged hole with the cheaper brands in 100 gr.

Below is a detailed description of each piece of equipment, along with links where possible, and pictures of the entire kit. I will not be separating anything so please do not ask. Ideally i'd be looking for someone doing a sub, but details can be arranged if someone is genuinely interested and needs to go through the full application process.

As it sits this rifle, with all the features, and equipment, retails at €5,905 new. I am looking for €3,395. That is a saving of €2,500 so i will not accept offers or anything other than the asking price.

Thanks for looking.

RPA Thumbhole Hunter
    • .243 caliber
    • RPA Quadlite action
    • Bedded action
    • Trigger break at 1.2lb
    • Fluted barrel from Border Barrels
    • 1:10 twist
    • Threaded for mod by RPA (m17x1)
    • Thread protection cap
    • Kevlar/glass/Epoxy composite thumbhole stock
    • Detachable box magaine
    • Two position safety

Sightron scope.
    • SIghtron SIII SS model.
    • 3.5-10 magnification
    • Long range model
    • 56mm objective lens
    • 99% light transmission
    • ExacTract feature on turrets (for adjustment)
    • 30mm tube
    • Target turrets
    • Side parallax
    • Illuminated reticle (IR4a)

• Ase Utra
    • Jet-z Compact
    • .308 caliber
    • M17x1 thread
    • Spigot design

Mounts
    • Badger Ordnance 30mm high rings
    • Weaver 2 piece rail (fitted by RPA)

Bipod
    • Harris S-BR
    • 6"-9"
    • Notched legs
    • Swivel feature
    • Locking handle

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=14856

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=14857

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=14859

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=14861

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=14860

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=14862
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement