If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 inch tv to replace a "Sony KDF-50E2000 50" LCD Projection TV"

Options
  • 24-06-2013 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi I'[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]m just wondering could you recommend a possible replacement for a[/font][/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sony KDF-50E2000 50" LCD Projection TV[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. The Optical Engine is on the way out (Blue hue on the screen) and replacing it doesn'[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]t seem economical. I'm looking around for a tv, similar size 47-50'. [/font][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Any help would be greatly appreciated,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mudlan[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Mudlan.

Thanks for the post.

It's been a while from I have seen rear projection TV's so I'm not really surprised at the costs involved in repairing them. It's probably lasted you quite well.

As you are probably aware, there is a substantial range of screens available which varying features, costs etc.

If I was going to make a suggestion based on the fact that your old TV was not smart, 3D etc etc, then I would look at the new Panasonic TXL50E6B.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl50e6b/pana-txl50e6b

This is priced at £849.95 and comes with a 5 year guarantee.

Delivery would be £49.95.

Alternatively, if you wanted something a little cheaper, then a 50" plasma is the way to go and in terms of value, the LG 660V is really good value for money

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/50ph660v/lg-50ph660v

5 Year warranty on the LG would be £59.95.

Delivery would be the same. We do offer a pricebeat so if you can get the same TV's with a 5 year warranty for less then our price then we will beat it.

Not sure what you make of these 2, but very different products with the LED being more energy efficient, slimmer a bit more stylish with the plasma being slightly better for motion handling.

Let me know what you think of these or if there are any particular features that you would like and I am also making an assumption that you don't want to down-size !

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

Hi Mudlan.

Thanks for the post.

It's been a while from I have seen rear projection TV's so I'm not really surprised at the costs involved in repairing them. It's probably lasted you quite well.

As you are probably aware, there is a substantial range of screens available which varying features, costs etc.

If I was going to make a suggestion based on the fact that your old TV was not smart, 3D etc etc, then I would look at the new Panasonic TXL50E6B.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl50e6b/pana-txl50e6b

This is priced at £849.95 and comes with a 5 year guarantee.

Delivery would be £49.95.

Alternatively, if you wanted something a little cheaper, then a 50" plasma is the way to go and in terms of value, the LG 660V is really good value for money

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/50ph660v/lg-50ph660v

5 Year warranty on the LG would be £59.95.

Delivery would be the same. We do offer a pricebeat so if you can get the same TV's with a 5 year warranty for less then our price then we will beat it.

Not sure what you make of these 2, but very different products with the LED being more energy efficient, slimmer a bit more stylish with the plasma being slightly better for motion handling.

Let me know what you think of these or if there are any particular features that you would like and I am also making an assumption that you don't want to down-size !

ATB

Dave
    Many thanks for your reply!

Ya the Sony KDF-50E2000 lasted me a good while so I cant complain and could do with upgrading! 

The 2 tv's you have suggested look very impressive, though i might be more swayed towards the LG Plasma. Internet out where i live is poor so the benefits of getting a smart tv aren't really worth it and a 3d tv is more of a novelty for my parents who will be the main users of the tv.

Have you other suggestions similar to the LG....similar size and price range?

Thanks for your help!

Mudlan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

Dave, sent you a Pm about the lG 50 mentioned. Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.