Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going early to airport, Taxi vs Long Term Parking

Options
  • 24-06-2013 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, so I live in City center beside spire, I have plane to london tomorrow morning (before the busses start from Dublin) I was wondering would it be cheaper to get taxi to airport, or drive by car and leave car in Long Term parking in Airport which will be 15 euros for two days.

By the way, how do you get from long term car park to terminal? and how much is it? and does it have to be booked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

The Aircoach travels through the night and the Dublin Bus 747 starts at 5am

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/7471/

http://www.aircoach.ie/table.routes.dublin.citycentre.php

The long term car parks have buses that drop you to the airport from the car parks, there is no charge for the bus journey. Depends which car park you use for journey times.

http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/to-from-the-airport/car-parking.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

The first departure from city centre on route 41 is also 5am. (Mon-fri)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

I ended up booking red long term parking, 15 euros from 5 AM until 5 AM for 2 days, price seems good enough + less hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

arleitiss wrote: »
    I ended up booking red long term parking, 15 euros from 5 AM until 5 AM for 2 days, price seems good enough + less hassle.
    The Red Long Term is the most expensive long term but is also the largest and closest to the airport. Also you will never be turned away from it if it is full unlike the others.

You can get parking for €4.50 per day if you're prepared to park further out.

The Red Long Term is the most expensive long term but is also the largest and closest to the airport. Also you will never be turned away from it if it is full unlike the others.

You can get parking for €4.50 per day if you're prepared to park further out.

Paid 15 euro for two days + I dont have to worry about being late or finding bus in the morning and if I ended up taking taxi it would be at least 15 euro one way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I love the DAA long term parking , I travel on business allot and its so hand when I prepay and just drive up. No ticket needed ect , if I had one complaint it be the buses can take ages to move off but considering drop in traffic it's understandable .

Calhoun wrote: »
    I love the DAA long term parking , I travel on business allot and its so hand when I prepay and just drive up. No ticket needed ect , if I had one complaint it be the buses can take ages to move off but considering drop in traffic it's understandable .

so how exactly do I get from long term parking to terminal?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

They have buses that drop you up, number of stops all along the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The Red car park is divided into approx 12 zones. Only one zone is open at any given time and will be indicated at the entrance. Follow the signto that zone. The buses will be waiting there to bring you to the terminal. They are supposed to leave every 7 minutes but expect it to be every 10 minutes or so. Between midnight and 4am only 2 buses operate in rotation but between 4am and midnight there should be 6 buses rotating.

Advertisement