Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very slow speeds on xbox live with E-fibre

Options
  • 24-06-2013 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hi,

i recently got eircom Efibre 50 meg down, 30 meg up and am really happy with the speeds i am getting on all my devices wired and wireless.. except my xbox.
    Downloads from xbox live never seem to go over 2megs and a test on the xbox using Internet explorer and bandwidthplace.com shows the same max of 2megs download and 3megs up.
    This is the same wired or wireless.
    I have used the automated port forwarding for xbox found in the modem settings and inputted the settings into the xbox and it connects no problem but is still slow.
    I also tried setting up a dmz for the xbox, same result.

I am not new to home networking and have always been able to solve any issues myself but this time I am stumped.
    any help greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Nevermind_ wrote: »
    Hi,

i recently got eircom Efibre 50 meg down, 30 meg up and am really happy with the speeds i am getting on all my devices wired and wireless.. except my xbox.
    Downloads from xbox live never seem to go over 2megs and a test on the xbox using Internet explorer and bandwidthplace.com shows the same max of 2megs download and 3megs up.
    This is the same wired or wireless.
    I have used the automated port forwarding for xbox found in the modem settings and inputted the settings into the xbox and it connects no problem but is still slow.
    I also tried setting up a dmz for the xbox, same result.

I am not new to home networking and have always been able to solve any issues myself but this time I am stumped.
    any help greatly appreciated!!

Hi Nevermind_

I'm sorry to say that we are unable to offer technical assistance to efibrebroadband issues from this forum. The best advice I can offer is to contact eircom broadband technical support (option 0 the best option and make sure to firstly advise the agent you get that you have efibre broadband).

Apologies for this inconvenience Nevermind_

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

make your you dont have qos misconfigured on the modem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

make your you dont have qos misconfigured on the modem
    checked my Qos again it looks fine.
    incidentally i rang eircom support and the only suggestion the "technical support" guy had was that I needed to upgrade to a 70meg line and pay more!!!!
    I said that makes absolutely no sense and asked him to explain why?
    He couldnt, he hadn't a clue how to fix it or what was wrong and to be honest I seemed to know more about networking than he did.
    He then tried to say it was a hardware failure on my end i.e. fault with the xbox.
    What really annoys me is that if I didn't have a fair idea of what I was talking about I could have accepted his first recommendation and upgraded my line for extra money and it would have made no difference at all.
    Really, really disappointed with getting technical support from someone who really didn't know a whole lot and tried to spoof it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Nevermind_ wrote: »
    checked my Qos again it looks fine.
    incidentally i rang eircom support and the only suggestion the "technical support" guy had was that I needed to upgrade to a 70meg line and pay more!!!!
    I said that makes absolutely no sense and asked him to explain why?
    He couldnt, he hadn't a clue how to fix it or what was wrong and to be honest I seemed to know more about networking than he did.
    He then tried to say it was a hardware failure on my end i.e. fault with the xbox.
    What really annoys me is that if I didn't have a fair idea of what I was talking about I could have accepted his first recommendation and upgraded my line for extra money and it would have made no difference at all.
    Really, really disappointed with getting technical support from someone who really didn't know a whole lot and tried to spoof it.

Hi 

I'm very sorry to hear of this, yes I agree beign advised to upgrade to 70mb makes no sense at all. If you wish to make a complaint about this please contact complaints on 1800200481 however I'm unable to offer a solution to your xbox issue from here and the only advice I can offer is to contact eircom broadband support again. To be honest it is very strange that it's just the xbox experiencing issues. I'm sorry for this inconvenience Nevermind_.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

Vico1612 wrote: »
    Turned IPV6 off - no difference

Advertisement