Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Housing - Seems I need a document from the social welfare?

Options
  • 24-06-2013 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Hope this is the right place to post this. Am filling in a Social housing form right now and it states unemployed people need documentation from the social welfare to prove they in receipt of SW.

Sorry if this is a stupid question to ask, but can I just go down to my local SW office and they'll give me the documentation? or do I have to go to a specific SW office / follow a procedure?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭MariMel

Go down to your local SW office and they will fill in your form for you. It just states what SW payment you are on, since when and for what amount.
    You should also have a form that needs to be filled in by the tax office too stating that you do not own property etc.
    I am lucky that both my local offices are in the same building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Hi all,
    Hope this is the right place to post this. Am filling in a Social housing form right now and it states unemployed people need documentation from the social welfare to prove they in receipt of SW.

Sorry if this is a stupid question to ask, but can I just go down to my local SW office and they'll give me the documentation? or do I have to go to a specific SW office / follow a procedure?

Cheers.

Your local social welfare office should be able to stamp your forms to indicate you are in receipt of payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

MariMel wrote: »
    Go down to your local SW office and they will fill in your form for you. It just states what SW payment you are on, since when and for what amount.
    You should also have a form that needs to be filled in by the tax office too stating that you do not own property etc.
    I am lucky that both my local offices are in the same building.

Thanks for getting back guys.

So apart from the document I also have to go to the tax office.... would that be the PAYE office on O'connell street, D1?

Advertisement