Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Awful work - Do you say something?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    Best blunt criticism I ever got for one of mine was "If I was your model I would have punched you for posting that image" :eek: I can't be the only one who has suffered a temporary loss of taste can I?

Thats just it, I've no doubt I've produced some awful work myself. And I was genuinely thankful, admitedly after the initial slight ego bruising for any criticism I got. I'm still not at a level that I want to be but I'm fairly certain I wouldn't be where I am now if it wasnt for the honesty of people pointing out what I was making a hames of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭inkedpt

Splinters wrote: »
    If you see another photographer producing some absolutely awful work, beyond the possible interpretation of personal taste, I mean really really awful work would you ever say anything?

It's one of those things, a photographer wouldn't post awful work. Bad perhaps but not awful and bad is subjective.

If I like someone's photo and I believe it can be improved with minor changes I would say, the same way I've no problems in praising his/hers work, it's not a critique it is just an opinion.

In this case perhaps the photographer is just someone with a camera and some kind of pp program.

yes it's awful :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

I'm not going to like every photo I see. If I see some awful photos I move on, unless the person asked for advice or feedback. If that's their "style" leave them to it, some people won't like my style and that's fair enough. I've produced some terrible photos after post processing them, I learn from my mistakes and what's makes us grow as photographers. :)

Advertisement