Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 litre milk(full fat)

Options
  • 24-06-2013 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, it seems milk is going up again, its 1.79 in the spar, was 1.49, dealz was 1.29, now 1.49, anyone got a good price on a 2 litre milk please. ( tesco 1.69)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

There are 2 "pound" shops on talbot st near the supervalue, one is red the other blue. At the moment 1,19 in the red, 1.29 in the blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭horse7

Thats good value, any thing similiar in blanchardstown?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

There are 2 "pound" shops on talbot st near the supervalue, one is red the other blue. At the moment 1,19 in the red, 1.29 in the blue.

Alot of that cheap milk is imported milk,so you are denying Irish dairy farmers of a living.

But I know I know........its a recession and people want things at the cheapest possible price.

paddy147 wrote: »
    Alot of that cheap milk is imported milk,so you are denying Irish dairy farmers of a living.

But I know I know........its a recession and people want things at the cheapest possible price.

Firstly, the Original poster asked about cheaper milk, not ethnically sound white Irish milk.
    Secondly the 1.19 milk is Dale Farm whom I think are Belfast based, to my reckoning that's Irish.
    Thirdly I have seen where Milk companies like Connacht for example, sell off excess milk to northern operators, who then have been known to re-import it back into the south again and put it through a network of second tier distributors into the retail chain.

horse7 wrote: »
    Thats good value, any thing similiar in blanchardstown?

No idea of anything in Blanch, only noticed the two pound shops as I was looking for something else while on my way from Connolly Station.

• Advertisement

No idea of anything in Blanch, only noticed the two pound shops as I was looking for something else while on my way from Connolly Station.

Euro2 shop to be a bit more precise.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Anyone else notice that these cheaper milks that have appeared over the last few years don't stay fresh as long?

Mine seem to be off right on the use-by date.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,564 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

1.29 in Mr Price in Galway for full/low fat 2 litre.

Best I've seen in Galway anyway.

Alot of that cheap milk is imported milk,so you are denying Irish dairy farmers of a living

So what, consumers want value.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    1.29 in Mr Price in Galway for full/low fat 2 litre.

Best I've seen in Galway anyway.

So what, consumers want value.

And I did also post about it being a recession and that people want things at the cheapest price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Celestial Prospect

Just paid €2.19 in Dunnes Stores for 2lts Premier Dairys milk. Didn't realise I was been robbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

99c here and stays fresh for ages

http://iceland.ie/special-offers/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Just paid €2.19 in Dunnes Stores for 2lts Premier Dairys milk. Didn't realise I was been robbed.
    :confused:
    Why did you not buy the Dunnes 2l milk for €1.49

Advertisement