Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cider not carbonating

Options
  • 24-06-2013 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

I bottled a set of the apple and mixed berry cider there about 4 days ago. It is showing no signs of carbonating at all (plastic bottles and they're all soft). I bottled some apple cider at the same time and it has all carbonated.

Any ideas? Suggestions to fix?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I can only suggest give them a good shake to wake any yeast and keep warm for another 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I can only suggest give them a good shake to wake any yeast and keep warm for another 2 weeks.

Well it's only been in the bottle around 6 days now, but I bottled some apple with it and all of those bottles are rock solid (and have been for days), where none of the mixed berry ones are hard at all. I've given two of them a good shake to see if it makes any difference. Fingers crossed.

Advertisement