Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What launch day titles are you getting?

• 24-06-2013 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Well considering a good few launch day titles have been announced for XBONE and PS4

what launch day titles are you getting?

(thought it would be relevent to start a new thread but mod feel free to fuse it with the discussion thread :D )

PlayStation 4 exclusives
    DC Universe Online
    Diablo 3
    DriveClub
    Killzone Shadow Fall
    Knack
    PlanetSide 2
    Warframe

Xbox One exclusives
    Dead Rising 3
    Forza Motorsport 5
    LocoCycle
    Killer Instinct
    Kinect Sports Rivals
    Ryse: Son of Rome

Coming on both systems
    Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
    Battlefield 4
    Call of Duty: Ghosts
    FIFA 14
    Just Dance 2014
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
    Madden NFL 25
    NBA 2K14
    NBA Live 14
    *Need for Speed: Rivals (unconfirmed but expected to be)
    Skylanders: Swap Force
    Watch Dogs

for me it will be, watch dogs, dead rising 3 and ryse son of rome, if im not broke by then, battlefield4 :)

all above are apparently confirmed
    except for need for speed rivals

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

God the launch titles are pretty poor but then again they usually are.

Possibly Knack for me and Watch Dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Don't think I'll be buying any launch console to be honest. There's still so much life in the current gen with GTA V, Batman: Arkham Origins, Saints Row IV, The Bureau, Beyond: Two Souls and Need for Speed Rivals all out before Christmas.

I think I'll wait for the second wave of titles before taking the plunge as of those launch titles only Watch Dogs really looks great to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Retr0gamer wrote: »

agreed
    next year looks very promising though :) like that game
    dying light or the division
    was hoping they would be out before this christmas:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Same.

Probably give FIFA a miss since my friends won't be getting a ps4 yet and I don't get as much enjoyment playing randoms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Assassin's Creed 4 and Watch Dogs are the two that interest me out of launch titles. Though, I'll not be buying them at launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Assassin's Creed 4 and Watch Dogs are the two that interest me out of launch titles. Though, I'll not be buying them at launch.

They are out on the 360 and PS3 too. Just won't look as good.

Battlefield 4 and watchdogs. That should keep me going for a while.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd pick up Assassin's Creed except I need to complete 2 onwards :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Not getting either at launch, but if I was there isn't much there in the exclusives (would get non-exclusives like Watch Dogs, BF4, etc on the PC anyways) that's really all that great:

DC Universe Online - bought at launch for PC, ok but dropped after a month or 2
    Diablo 3 - same, dropped after about 2 hours, dull as hell to me
    DriveClub - no interest in driving games
    Killzone Shadow Fall - don't really like the KZ games
    Knack - looks nice but seems to be following route of corridors and fighting waves of enemies vs exploration like back in the N64 age of platformers
    PlanetSide 2 - played in beta on PC, tore my system a new one but overall got bored, not changed much since PS1
    Warframe - liked this on PC, had to drop it as moved and replacement laptop would'nt stand a chance

Dead Rising 3 - love the DR games, but the E3 demo looked really linear but that could be "tutorial syndrome"
    Forza Motorsport 5 - racing...meh
    LocoCycle - Twisted Pixels games are always funny, have to see more gameplay but looked a bit uninteresting from what I have seen so far
    Killer Instinct - fighting game....meh
    Kinect Sports Rivals - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....no!
    Ryse: Son of Rome - demo looked crap, unless it has a "turn off auto-kill QTE" function in the menu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Not getting either at launch, but if I was there isn't much there in the exclusives (would get non-exclusives like Watch Dogs, BF4, etc on the PC anyways) that's really all that great:

DC Universe Online - bought at launch for PC, ok but dropped after a month or 2
    Diablo 3 - same, dropped after about 2 hours, dull as hell to me
    DriveClub - no interest in driving games
    Killzone Shadow Fall - don't really like the KZ games
    Knack - looks nice but seems to be following route of corridors and fighting waves of enemies vs exploration like back in the N64 age of platformers
    PlanetSide 2 - played in beta on PC, tore my system a new one but overall got bored, not changed much since PS1
    Warframe - liked this on PC, had to drop it as moved and replacement laptop would'nt stand a chance

Dead Rising 3 - love the DR games, but the E3 demo looked really linear but that could be "tutorial syndrome"
    Forza Motorsport 5 - racing...meh
    LocoCycle - Twisted Pixels games are always funny, have to see more gameplay but looked a bit uninteresting from what I have seen so far
    Killer Instinct - fighting game....meh
    Kinect Sports Rivals - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....no!
    Ryse: Son of Rome - demo looked crap, unless it has a "turn off auto-kill QTE" function in the menu

Dead rising is open world
    no loading times in any building either

and is a darker version compared to the previous 2(was said in an interview) only reason im getting it other wise if it was linear or like the previous 2 i wouldnt be really interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I will be getting:

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
    Need for Speed: Rivals

Possibly Watch Dogs later on.

Also DriveClub will be on PS+ so I will have that by default.
    I'd pick up Assassin's Creed except I need to complete 2 onwards :)

You are in for a treat. I think ACII and Brotherhood are two of the best games of the generation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That launch list is best I ever sow in ages for launch consoles. I don't understand people complaining. People are just spoiled these days. Some really good launch exclusives and great multiplatform titles too.
    In my opinion, multiplatform titles lose their impact as they are launching on so many platforms. When people will see difference between old gen and New gen in action, then there will be different song around.

As for what I am getting? KNACK and Killzone. Driveclub I will get for free from ps+. I might pick something else too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I think I will be waiting for a few months after release before buying either new console. There is no rush. But hey, it's only June might have 600euro in my pocket come November (I hope) :pac: lol.

In that case ( :p ) Battlefield 4 and Dead Rising 3 seem the best for me. Watch Dogs closely following them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Exclusives for both look boring. Watchdogs only thing on multiplat list that appeals. Journos impressions at e3 suggest Ryse is a pile dog poo. But I'm a total 12 months at least console adopter. Hell, Wii U line-up looks better for rest of this year to me, and that wouldn't be hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Watch Dogs definitely, probably Killzone, Battlefield and maybe Knack, once I see more of it and see if there's anything interesting. Will be getting Driveclub with my Psplus subscription anyway so seems like it'll be a bit of a variety of game types at least. I'm sure I'll pick up a few indie games, or ps store games too.

Only one I'm slightly disappointed to be missing out on Xbox is Dead Rising 3. Though I almost completely lost interest when it sounds like they've taken out everything that made the first two interesting and unique. We're well covered for serious, gritty zombie games thanks. I miss the campy lunacy of the first two games. Also getting rid of the clock, is crazy, it was frustrating but it's what made the first two games so unique and compelling. Gradually getting closer and closer as you level up. Once you had a handle on it, it was really satisfying to feel like you'd mastered it.

Sony have a few unannounced games to show at Gamescom too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Only one I'm slightly disappointed to be missing out on Xbox is Dead Rising 3. Though I almost completely lost interest when it sounds like they've taken out everything that made the first two interesting and unique. We're well covered for serious, gritty zombie games thanks. I miss the campy lunacy of the first two games. Also getting rid of the clock, is crazy, it was frustrating but it's what made the first two games so unique and compelling. Gradually getting closer and closer as you level up. Once you had a handle on it, it was really satisfying to feel like you'd mastered it.

Didnt know they took out the clock :mad: That added to it! I was hoping that the trailer shown was just focusing on the action side to Dead Rising. But I fear it may of had a complete over-haul now :(

EDIT
    Just read this http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/e3-2013-new-dead-rising-3-details-revealed
    And for those worried that Dead Rising will be dumbed down for a new generation of gamers, then the Nightmare Mode is for you. In it, the overall game time limit returns, as does the requirement that you save only in restrooms.

Finally, no need to worry if the gameplay video came off a bit too serious in tone for you. Wilson insists that the goofiness of Dead Rising still courses through DR3's veins, adding that they "still have crazy clothing" and other off-the-wall oddities.

I'll still wait and see.

Didnt know they took out the clock :mad: That added to it! I was hoping that the trailer shown was just focusing on the action side to Dead Rising. But I fear it may of had a complete over-haul now :(

EDIT
    Just read this http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/e3-2013-new-dead-rising-3-details-revealed

I'll still wait and see.

Ah well that nightmare mode might be enough so. The impression I got from listening to people who played it at e3, was the tone of the cutscenes and story was much more serious and that the only silliness came from if you happened to be wearing a costume or something. Locations very mundane looking so far too. Half the charm of the dead rising games is the location themselves, with the terrible shopping mall music, and the the like.

Will probably pick up an Xbox one in a few years when there's enough exclusives I want, much like I did with the 360, and funnily enough dead rising was the first game I picked up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Knack, Assassin's Creed 4 and Watch Dogs for me will mostly play Ac4 at launch but the other two look very interesting too :

That launch list is best I ever sow in ages for launch consoles. I don't understand people complaining. People are just spoiled these days. Some really good launch exclusives and great multiplatform titles to.

Exactly, these consoles have the best launch line up of games of any consoles I can remember. The PS3 lineup was terrible while the 360 was very good at launch.

It's never happened before with so many titles releasing both cross platform and cross generation at the same time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is watch dogs definitely gonna be a launch title for both consoles?

• Advertisement

Is watch dogs definitely gonna be a launch title for both consoles?

Should be, but Ubi do slip quite often. The 360 and PS3 versions are due for November as it is so one would expect the PS4 and X1 versions for around the same window.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'd definitely get watch dogs for ps4 if I knew for definite it was gonna be a launch title :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Exactly, these consoles have the best launch line up of games of any consoles I can remember. The PS3 lineup was terrible while the 360 was very good at launch.

Counting Euro and US launches as one, SNES launched with Super Mario World, F-Zero, Pilotwings, and ports of SimCity and Gradius III. Quality not quantity - some of the best-loved games of that generation. Nowadays launch-titles feel like appetizers before a main course that takes too long to arrive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Knack looks like a fun retro game, thats why i like it....something different and family friendly. Deffo on my list....for blow em up i'll go with BF4.

hopefully more games will be announced.

It's never happened before with so many titles releasing both cross platform and cross generation at the same time.

You don't remember the Dreamcast then :P Now that was a launch line up!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Watch Dogs, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes and maybe Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

PS4 : BF4, Killzone, Watchdogs, Assassins creed BF, Fifa, Dont think there is a Pro Evo so it will be Fifa.
    Xbox One : Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I have to say it will be AC4, Watchdogs, Driveclub ps,+Maybe Knack for the craic :pac:

Lego marvel heroes looks like it could be fun

BF4 ill already be playing on PC :P

Hmm looking back on previous launches maybe this one isnt soo good

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_launch_games#Sega_Dreamcast

Is destiny a launch title?I'd definitely get that too.

• Advertisement

Is destiny a launch title?I'd definitely get that too.

think its next autumn. Next year anyway.

Advertisement