Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linkedin - What is better for seeking out customers

Options
  • 24-06-2013 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Im looking to start up a linkedin company profile for a new product in Ireland.

I was wondering if I set up a company profile can i inmail members on linkedin or would i be better off setting up a sales page? Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭herthabsc

To be honest I am confused by Linkedin. What is best to use - sales navigator or premium version. I put up a job ad last week cosing me €172:eek:. I am tending to stay away from it at the moment. Maybe I need a Linkedin training course to see the importance of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Liccle trinity

Not sure what the difference is tbh but wouldnt have thought LinkedIn as a huge seller for products in the first place. Whats your target market?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 GabbyJay

You should do both. The Company page is like an interactive brochure, anchoring your company's presence. Your professional profile, sending inMails, etc., becomes the personal face of your company and allows you to engage with people as a human being.

Set up your Company Page
    • List your company details, website links, Youtube Video links, etc., post general updates relating to the company
    • Get people to 'Follow' it (like a Facebook Like). Some people will follow, and they will see updates relating to your company.
    • List the company's Product as a Product
    • Get people to post a Testimonial on that product
    • If you are going to be hiring in the future then this page should be as detailed and professional as you can make it.
    • The Enhanced Company page is a lot more expensive but lets you really customize it with videos, etc., as a start-up this is not necessary yet.

Set up your Professional Profile
    • A strong headline, referencing the company name
    • A strong Summary at the top, announcing the formation of this new venture that you're so excited to be involved in
    • Add your profile photo
    • Get a couple of endorsements from former colleagues / clients
    • Make sure the language and grammar you use is good
    • Make sure that your Professional Profile reflects you as a person. Don't be ashamed of your old lower-level positions - they are a part of your career that brought you where you are today and you formed valuable relationships during that time. Don't be afraid to list your hobbies, personal blog, etc. Giving a strong sense of who you are as a person will make people trust you more and relate to you more, gives you a better response to InMails
    • Upgrade to one of the bigger packages so you can see who viewed your profile and send more inmails
    • Use LinkedIn a lot. Remember it's not just the InMails that are spreading the word about your product, but a lot of the times imply when you view a profile, the person will notice this in the "Who Viewed My Profile" section and end up clicking through and reading about you.

Advertisement