Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Leitrim advice

Options
  • 24-06-2013 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi everyone, me and my hubby are giving very serious thought to moving permanently to Ireland - Leitrim to be exact (my clan are all wexford, hubby's clan Mayo). It's one thing having visited Leitrim (and loving it) another living there permanently so i need honest advice.
    We are dog people, have 3 dogs (run a dog walking business here in Scotland) and although we won't necessarily set up a dog business in Leitrim we do spend a lot of time outdoors walking with the dogs. The area we move to is very important for us that it has almost direct access to very large walking areas (well away from livestock, especially sheep) like a large forestry or woodland area or moors/hills.
    We are in our late 40's and love a quite, country, outdoor life so access to cinema's/nightlife is not needed lol.
    Any idea's for where in Leitrim we should be looking that would suit our needs or is Leitrim the wrong place for this type of life?
    Thanks for any tips n advice :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Wallflower

There is a walking club that Mrs Wallflower was in contact with up in North Leitrim - Holey Soles?!! (I think) - she was seriously impressed by the scenery up there.

Contacting them might be a place to start.

Advertisement