Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

inspection lamp

Options
  • 24-06-2013 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

I have an magnified inspection lamp that stopped working. I have checked the following :
    bulb(circular type), starter and plug fuse and all OK. It has a choke type item similar to a florescent light that I was wondering how to check.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Gate Automation

any photo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭martin6651

How do I post photo

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

what is the wattage of the lamp/choke.
    is it a circular lamp with the 4 pins on the exterior of the glass, if not where are the pins in relation to the circumferance of the lamp.

Yes its the round type 22watt bulb

i think a tridonic ec-18 choke will run that lamp, they cost about a tenor, so cheap enough to replace if it is the choke thats faulty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

It may be nothing - but perhaps the tube has failed - I do not know how old it is . The starter is a cheap item to replace less than one euro

ive had a few people in over the years looking for those lamps, ive not been able to get them from our regular suppilers and usually direct people to the manufacturer or the internet.
    usually the lamp is a 22 watt t9 with the 4 pins on the outer part of the glass.

Indie, where can I get one I googled the part and it shows UK suppliers

Ct electrical, sean mulvoy rd in galway.

Flaherty markets ballybane ind est galway.

Eastern electric, ballybane ind est galway.

These wholesalers should keep them off the shelf, and if not be able to get them quite quickly.
    tridonic ec-18 choke/ballast

Thanks Indie will check them out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

don't bother replacing the magnetic ballast obviously if you cant get replacement bulb and starter

as it's more than likely the former items

check lead and connections obviously

Both the bulb and starter are new. I have also checked the wiring and found no problems.

Advertisement