Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Chrome Data Heavy?

Options
  • 24-06-2013 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭

Hi, you know the way Google Chrome browser uses multiple instances to help you restart it from the same sites in the event of a crash.

Well would these extra instances, which are running separately for Flash and whatever other background software in sites and things that I don't understand, be using up my data allowance for my crap mobile broadband?:confused: Or am I thinking the same way as saying more ram would make my connection faster!HAHA:pac:

Or am I just way off. I haven't compared to IE because it vexes me highly to use that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

If you open 5 websites, each in one tab, it should use the same amount of data as opening the same 5 websites in one tab.

The amount of RAM you have will determine how many tabs you can have open at the same time. RAM and internet data usage aren't related.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Chrome uses a built in Task Manager to separate tabs / plugins / extensions as processes since browsers are like mini OS's these days - makes it easier (if you're like myself) if 1 of your 30 tabs crashes, you don't have to close everything down and start over. As Polar Ice says, RAM usage has absolutely no relevance to internet usage. The same 50 pages open in IE will use the same "data" usage as 50 pages in Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Damokc

I know ram has nothing to do with Internet speed. That part was meant to be a joke.

So chrome isn't data heavy. Ok. Thanks.

Advertisement