Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

silma shotgun ?????

Options
  • 24-06-2013 8:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2

Well Hello to all.

I am a long time visitor to boards so its about time i used its vast knowledge and expertise, if you all don't mind.:D

I have been looking round for a new shotty for a while now, I was looking at browning 525/beretta silver p 1. That sort of thing.
    But there has been a very big drop in work lately so i have to cut back big time, but still need new gun. And would prefer new over s/h.

Today bought the Irish country sports and country life magazine and on the back cover there is a silma shotgun M80 I think model is. It is Italian made and looks nice, I rang ardee sports and it € 850. Seems good value.

Do any of you know this make of gun? Would love to hear good or bad .

Many Thanks,
    T.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭peteshamrock

Hey . I have had one for the last two years. If its for game my advice is look elsewhere as its a hulk of a weight to carry around a field. I use mine for clays with great success.

Its a basic gun but breaks the clays like guns four times its price.

I am not in any rush to sell mine which is an indication of how much I like it.

Bottom line, if its for clays then yes if for game unless your BA from the A-Team look at others.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

It is not the M80 that is advertised its the new M70 game 28" m/c. Yes handled one nothing wrong with them for the money was in a dealers recently and saw one there for €800 nice gun and look alotb better than the turkish competitors in that price range. The M80 is a good gun but would be way too heavy for the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

zilma are just ok. they break your shoulder after a few shots you be fed up of it for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

If your looking for a decent new gun for that money look no further than a bettinsoli.

I have a supersport for the past 7 years for all my clays and the odd walked up and driven. I can't fault it, apparently there are models available in the 850 bracket, was recently in a gun shop in Carlow and nearly :o bought a new O/U instead went for a lovely AYA XXV made in 1971 as my new to me country gun the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 goshawker

hi i have had a silma supreme for 10 years and have shot everything with it, it recoils as much as any other shotgun, it has never give me any problems at all, i would highly recommend a silma

• Advertisement
Advertisement