Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Current Account Fee Increase

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭oceancat

i get paid every 2 weeks into my aib account, i also have a credit card, what if i transfer my wages into my credit card and use it for more or less everything like ATM, bills, shopping etc will i still get hit with fees for withdrawing cash from the cc?

if i could do this i would more or less never use my bank card so should avoid fees, also i would have the required amount in the account throughout the year to avoid charges.

these new fees that they are bringing in are a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Some CC charge you when you go into credit!

Even over 13 weeks for a quarter you'd rack up 6 x credits at 35c and 6 debits at 35c = €4.50 plus the €4.50 account maintenance charge, so €9.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

oceancat wrote: »
    i get paid every 2 weeks into my aib account, i also have a credit card, what if i transfer my wages into my credit card and use it for more or less everything like ATM, bills, shopping etc will i still get hit with fees for withdrawing cash from the cc?

if i could do this i would more or less never use my bank card so should avoid fees, also i would have the required amount in the account throughout the year to avoid charges.

these new fees that they are bringing in are a joke
    Check the small print.

Many CC companies do NOT offer any protection against fraudulent use on a card in credit!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭oceancat

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Some CC charge you when you go into credit!

Even over 13 weeks for a quarter you'd rack up 6 x credits at 35c and 6 debits at 35c = €4.50 plus the €4.50 account maintenance charge, so €9.

ya but i don't plan in going into credit i will have my CC loaded all the time with my own money, i'm just wondering will they still charge me for using it for taking cash out at atms when it's loaded with my own money,

i understand there will be no protection when the card is loaded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

oceancat wrote: »
    ya but i don't plan in going into credit i will have my CC loaded all the time with my own money, i'm just wondering will they still charge me for using it for taking cash out at atms when it's loaded with my own money,

i understand there will be no protection when the card is loaded

Having is "loaded with your own money" is having it in credit. So, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is there a new maintenance fee like 5 euro per quarter like BOI now as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭granturismo

Pacifico wrote: »
    Nope

Yep. the fee is €4.50 per quarter.

Advertisement