Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying cat

• 24-06-2013 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Had my cat Tess for about a month, she's a purely indoor cat.

Just have a problem with a neighbour's cat or a stray cat, can't really tell. He/she will sit on the sitting room windowsill while Tess sits on the inside. She gets really riled up at him and seems to want to get out. When he goes off, she meows loudly after him, which is unusual because she's normally quite quiet. I play with her for about an hour a day and give her scritches but she's not one for a lot of affection. So I don't feel like I'm not giving her enough attention.

I'm not willing to let her out so anyone got any tips for how to stop the cat from coming over and annoying her?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Is Tess neutered?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

Yes she was neutered by the shelter I got her at. Her fur is only starting to grow back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Then I'd go with an aircan solution or similar; basically it will teach the other cat that it's not fun to jump up there which should solve the problem. You can get them on Amazon etc. and all they do is shot air if their sensor is tripped but it will quickly teach a lesson on what not to do (and as it's automatic you don't have to try to monitor it beyond that it remains there).

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Liccle trinity

Ive a similar problem with a new cat on the block but im not sure if its her boyfriend or another cat moochin in on our turf. Drives me and the dogs nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

Nody wrote: »
    Then I'd go with an aircan solution or similar; basically it will teach the other cat that it's not fun to jump up there which should solve the problem. You can get them on Amazon etc. and all they do is shot air if their sensor is tripped but it will quickly teach a lesson on what not to do (and as it's automatic you don't have to try to monitor it beyond that it remains there).

Thanks. I looked on Amazon and the aircans seem to only be for in the house. Would you know of any for to put outside/specifically for windowsills?

• Advertisement

Don't know offhand if there's a specific outdoor one (never had to get one so far) but there's also automatic water sprayers (but then you need to figure out more exactly the route the cat takes to get there to target it).

Advertisement