Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help choosing PSU and RAM

Options
  • 24-06-2013 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi all,

I’m about to attempt my 1st ever build in the next week and I’ve the below items already bought , should be arriving by the end of the week.

The only items I don’t have picked out is the PSU and the RAM, any advice?
    This is the set up so far.

Cooler Master CM Storm Enforcer - USB3
    MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming Motherboard LGA1150 Intel Z87
    i5 (4670K) 3.4GHz Quad Core Processor
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler
    EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SUPERCLOCKED 2048MB( Possibly 2 )
    Samsung 120GB 840 Pro
    WD 1TB CAVIAR BLUE 64MB 7200RPM
    Windows 8 ( Wanted Win 7 but out of stock where I was getting this from)
    Cooler Master Trigger Gaming Keyboard (Red Cherry)
    Cooler Master Inferno Gaming Mouse
    Additional Cooler Master MegaFlow 200 LED Silent Fan (Red)

On the PSU I’ve a choice from CoolerMaster, EVGA or OZ, from what I’ve been told 650 – 750 watt.

On the RAM, I’ve been directed towards the below 3 but not sure which one, if you can recommend a different one let me know.
    Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) Vengeance Red 2133MHz DDR3 DIMM 240-pin CL11
    G.Skill 8GB (2x4GB) Sniper DDR3 PC3-14900U CL9-10-9-28 1866 MHz
    G.Skill 8GB (2x4GB) Ripjaws-X DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz CL9

Cheers,
    Ant

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 17 itsonlyus

Pc building and upgrading forum you will get an answer

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

Go for an 850W just to be on the safe side, what you haven't said is whether you want to do some overclocking, but you need a reputable and stable PSU if you want to do so

• Site Banned Posts: 17 itsonlyus

nucker wrote: »
    Go for an 850W just to be on the safe side, what you haven't said is whether you want to do some overclocking, but you need a reputable and stable PSU if you want to do so

You don't need a 850 watt power supply, 500 watt for single graphics card and 650 watt if planning on running two graphics card

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭AntDub

itsonlyus wrote: »
    You don't need a 850 watt power supply, 500 watt for single graphics card and 650 watt if planning on running two graphics card

Thanks, if I don't sell the spare 660 SC I have I'll be using 2, so guess I'll go with a 650watt.

Which are best Cooler Master or EVGA for a PSU, been advised to keep away from OZ.

Cheers,
    p.s This has been moved to the forum you suggested, new to this.

Advertisement