Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tourist Visa for Thai GF?

Options
  • 24-06-2013 9:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

Anyone here ever do this? I have met a really nice Thai girl and am currently over here visiting in Thailand but I wonder what is the exact situation on getting a visa for her to come visit on a 90 days trip? I know it sounds cliched and mail order bride stuff but it is really different as I am in my 20's and not some old geezer trying to get a leg over, and believe me there are loads of these suckers out here too!

I am willing to sponsor her visa and post a financial bond like the Australian system I just don't know enough about entering Ireland legally and I want to do everything legit and proper as if all goes well she could very well be the one for me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

Stinicker wrote: »
    Anyone here ever do this? I have met a really nice Thai girl and am currently over here visiting in Thailand but I wonder what is the exact situation on getting a visa for her to come visit on a 90 days trip? I know it sounds cliched and mail order bride stuff but it is really different as I am in my 20's and not some old geezer trying to get a leg over, and believe me there are loads of these suckers out here too!

I am willing to sponsor her visa and post a financial bond like the Australian system I just don't know enough about entering Ireland legally and I want to do everything legit and proper as if all goes well she could very well be the one for me!
    Yes but with your immature comments I would not bother helping you.:rolleyes:
    By the way lucky girl to get ting tong man like you lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bazzare

i have been in your situation and the truth is its extremely difficult for a thai national to get a tourist visa to come to ireland for a short stay from the consulate in bangkok... so much so that me and my missus had to get married to get her the visa, but that was our long term plan anyway..

its much easier if you get married first over there...its just that if you are in a genuine and long term relationship with intention to marry then ultimately they are obligated to give her a visa... its your right to bring your wife to live in ireland with you...they will ask you for loadds of proof too so make sure you take lots of photos of you together and they also ask for other things like emails/ copies of phone records etc.. you need to show them you are not bogus... unfortunately thailand is one of those countries that has a bad reputation...

of course you can always try for a holiday one but ive heard from a few others that it takes ages and many people have been turned down....in truth mate if you really want to bring your girl here then marriage is the way to go... the decision to grant a visa or not isnt made in thailand, its made by the INIS in dublin... her application and all the supporting documents they ask for are sent to ireland where they say yes or no

also imo this site isnt really good for answering questions about visas, so use the link below and join that site to get information.. its much more specific abd informative and people actually know what they are talking about

all the info and answers you need are here

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewforum.php?f=34&sid=5b65d826cba5f48ec846b8d7bb996d36

PM me if you need more info.... good luck

Advertisement