Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Person Office Phone System

Options
  • 24-06-2013 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all

I was hoping someone could give me a jumping off point for my research.

I will be setting up a three person office (1 receptionist, 2 offices) and need some advice into how to handle the phone system.

My needs are each phone point having a direct dial. The reception phone should be able to transfer calls into the offices, keep callers on hold, take voicemails. The office phones should be able to receive/make calls independently of the reception switch, but the majority of calls will come through reception.

Could anyone let me know the feasibility for a system like this (phone provider, hardware etc). Cost is a factor but more than that I'd like a dumb system that doesn't require extensive set up/maintenance.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

http://www.telephonesystems.ie/main/...al_offers.html and they sell refurbished stuff too.
    You could also stick an ad on adverts.ie or done deal looking for a good used system
    onlinetradesmen.ie will find you a fitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Maybe something like this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭bceltic

Are you looking to use existing copper lines to traffic the calls or would you consider VoIP?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

The cheapest option would probably be voip system with someone like blueface.

I think you could achieve everything you are looking for just using voip phones and their service (no need for a separate system).

Only problem is im not sure exactly how much set up they do for you.

Also you need to have good broadband

Alternatively you could go for a Voip PBX system either, something like this would fit the bill. It would take a bit of messyness out of the above setup. I used to work for them a couple of years ago and personally I thought it was a very good system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Was going to suggest Blueface, never used them but signing up to their mobile package this week (I think).

Key for us was having two landline numbers going through to mobile and a rolling one month contract.

I believe their mobile network is three's network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,968 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've never actually checked pricing at all, but I generally recommend the Magnet hosted PABX solution for my customers, never had any major issues with it in 30+ sites at this stage. They do all configuration/maintenance on it.

Advertisement