Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knobbly reptile roamed vast ancient desert - Permian

Options
  • 24-06-2013 10:15pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭

_68343939_68343938.jpg
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23032892
    Climatic conditions may have conspired to corral Bunostegos - along with several other reptiles, amphibians, and plants - and keep them constrained to the central, arid area of the supercontinent.

"Our work supports the theory that central Pangea was climatically isolated, allowing a unique relict fauna to persist into the Late Permian," said Christian Sidor, another author of the paper.

This surprised the scientists because areas outside this central region show fossil evidence of regular faunal interchange.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Good grief I was dating her, How did you get her to smile All I could manage was a sneer. :D

Actually I like the post, thanks for posting.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Just read about this last night :B You beat me to it

Advertisement