Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mayor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Good to see , great to have lady mayor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

As long as she doesn't start talking about installing Polish streets signs....:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

Why last mayor?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

sioda wrote: »
    Why last mayor?

City council to be abolished

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

I thought they were just merging the county and city councils.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Doom wrote: »
    I thought they were just merging the county and city councils.

Yes, and that means this is the last mayor of Limerick city council, as from next year it will cease to exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

source wrote: »
    Yes, and that means this is the last mayor of Limerick city council, as from next year it will cease to exist.

There will be one mayor for the new Limerick City & County Council (as it is called).
    The mayor is meant to be directly elected, so would cut out the backstabbing from last night.
    But I can't see that happening as the councillors would lose to much in there eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

jmch81 wrote: »
    There will be one mayor for the new Limerick City & County Council (as it is called).
    The mayor is meant to be directly elected, so would cut out the backstabbing from last night.
    But I can't see that happening as the councillors would lose to much in there eyes.

Yes, but Limerick city council and Limerick county council will cease to exist as entities. Therefore this is the last mayor of Limerick city council.

There will of course be a new mayor, but it will be for the new amalgamated Limerick council, which will be a new organisation.

Advertisement