Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linksys PAP2T-NA and Blueface

Options
  • 24-06-2013 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

does anyone know if there is a way to set up a linksys pap2t-na to work with blueface , i have a legacy irish broadband voip account , not supported anymore by imagine , which has need for a new voice adapter and as its not plug n play and blueface only want to sell me more hardware , any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

The PAP2T-NA seems to have the same interface as the PAP2-NA which is the one I have connecting to my Blueface account.

So the configuration on the Blueface site for the PAP2 should work.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Its very easy to setup. I've one of these and just tested it on blueface and it works no problem.

If you want I can post a sample of my configuration and dialplans?

When you say imagine don't support it, is that the broadband, their wimax phone service or the voip service they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kk23

It's their wireless broadband(not WiMAX, 3G I think) that I use and they subcontracted out their VoIP on this service two years ago, they never told me but I suppose it's just outsourcing to them , anyways I would appreciate if you could post some settings mr g,

kk23 wrote: »
    It's their wireless broadband(not WiMAX, 3G I think) that I use and they subcontracted out their VoIP on this service two years ago, they never told me but I suppose it's just outsourcing to them , anyways I would appreciate if you could post some settings mr g,

Oh I think you're on about their fixed wireless service. See attached screenshots as requested :)

Here's the other ones. Dialplan depends on the length of a number in your area, so if you're in cork (021) it would be something like this:

(999|911|112|171|19xx|141xxx.|S1 30[1-5]|100x|1890xxxxxx|0818xxxxxx|1850xxxxxx|3xxx.|11[013-9]x.1[025689]x.|<:021>[24-9]xxxxxx|0x.|*x.)

That way the ata knows when you have a number finished. x obviously stands for a digit. Let us know how you get on

• Advertisement

i got my user name and password from the imagine and set port 5060 and entered irishbroadband.ie in the sip box and it worked after reset , so thanks for the help mr G. after all the pap2t did not need that much setup from the box, imagine techs were very helpful and patient, cant say the same for blueface who told me that i had to buy the equipment from them and then proceeded to ignore my pleas for tech support, when it was such a relatively easy fix. methinks that blueface have it too good!

i got my user name and password from the imagine and set port 5060 and entered irishbroadband.ie in the sip box and it worked after reset , so thanks for the help mr G. after all the pap2t did not need that much setup from the box, imagine techs were very helpful and patient, cant say the same for blueface who told me that i had to buy the equipment from them and then proceeded to ignore my pleas for tech support, when it was such a relatively easy fix. methinks that blueface have it too good!

No hasle. Do you get an 076 number from imagine or a geographic number as a matter of interest? I have an 076 from them but they wouldn't give me any details of others.

This is what you might say blueface would say (I genuinely find them fine to deal with)
    Ian%20Robotham.jpg

If you want you can change the dial plans and settings so its like a normal landline, its a good peace of equipment and what blueface said about purchasing from them is bull. Once its a sip device it should work

i got an local code and a 076 code,tenner a month all uk n ire landlines, i have it quite a while though

what do you mean change the dial plans to make it more like a landline?

i got an local code and a 076 code,tenner a month all uk n ire landlines, i have it quite a while though

That aint bad at all. What are the irish mobiles and international rates like?

• Advertisement

what do you mean change the dial plans to make it more like a landline?

If you setup a dialplan it would ring straight away when you have finished dialling.

Mr. G wrote: »
    That aint bad at all. What are the irish mobiles and international rates like?

dont know the rates ,i use skype for all the international stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

Mr. G wrote: »
    If you setup a dialplan it would ring straight away when you have finished dialling.

If dialpaln is not setup correctly You can press # after dialed number.

Advertisement