Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I the odd one out?

Options
  • 24-06-2013 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

So i decided to progress to a cart/tank.
    Got an AGR and boge carts.
    its kinda Meh. reminds me of the protank, light and airy.

I use it for a while and go back to my vivi's.
    I get so much more flavour and kick out of my vivi's.

Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

yes !!

not that I read your post, but come hand out and allthat :P

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

yes !!

not that I read your post, but come hand out and allthat :P

:-o

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I haven't managed to find anything to replace my T2s with, and a lot of people on here consider them to be complete rubbish.

Carts, T3s (and to an extent the protank), just don't have the kick you get from a T2.

To each their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

No its just a matter of taste.
    Although i am surprised to hear that you think the AGR is airy

jamie72 wrote: »
    I haven't managed to find anything to replace my T2s with, and a lot of people on here consider them to be complete rubbish.

Carts, T3s (and to an extent the protank), just don't have the kick you get from a T2.

To each their own.

I might give the t2 a shot.

• Advertisement

BeansBeans wrote: »
    No its just a matter of taste.
    Although i am surprised to hear that you think the AGR is airy

i was waiting for an explosion of taste but didnt get it. Lots of vapour, no th at all.
    I wondered if I was doing something wrong with it and thats why it was airy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I'm curious about your airy AGR as well... The draw in mine is tighter that the Clockworks RDA, and anybody who's had that will know how very very tight that is.
    Are the filed/flattened slots in the base deeper in some new revision or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

ok i gave in.

what ohm carto's and what voltage are u running? did punch the carto's yourself/ how many holes and what size?
    All of these factors will influence the ftv.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Ya I would say if its very airy and youre getting no throat hit, there is something not right. Cartos have a bit of a bedding in time too i find, they will be quite airy for the first few drags, flavour will increase a bit, crackling will increase (im obsessed with the sound :p). But you may just never like carto tanks. I struggled on stubbornly with clearos for a long time despite hating them, I'm curious about the dbox puritank clearo so might push myself to buy one again some time.

ok so. i got prepunched cartos,sr and lr.
    My problem might be that i was using them on my roller rather than my provari.
    They are 2.2 ohm, 1 hole.

On the provari i bumped up the VV to 5.5 and its super!

so maybe i am best using it with a controled vv device, does this mean they are not worth using on my roller which i use for out and about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Well, you like a 2.2ohm @ 5.5v (14watts on a carto, holy fuck! How is it not burning?!?)

Anyway, to get the same performance from your Roller you need something like a 1ohm atty, which will likely be very hot/burnt with a fresh battery... Depends on the internal resistance the Roller has and the voltage drop that that incurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

That's a tad strange alright.Maybe the air flow channels have been machined too deep.I had the opposite problem,which seems to be the more common one, where they weren't machined deep enough.

A 2.2ohm carto at 5.5v?! Very impressive stats,that need to be studied and replicated on a mass scale!..today like!

jamie72 wrote: »

To each their own.

Have you tried any of the dual coil jobbies?The Innokin iClear 16 dc?Or the Vision V3+ dc?

Should provide you with a decent 'kick'.
    Both available from TBS.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Have you tried any of the dual coil jobbies?The Innokin iClear 16 dc?Or the Vision V3+ dc?

Should provide you with a decent 'kick'.
    Both available from TBS.

Don't see why I would? I'm relatively happy with my top coil T2. I don't see why I should try another top coil.

:rolleyes:

Advertisement