Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Industry

Options
  • 25-06-2013 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Just wondering is there anyone on here working in the security industry (CCTV, Intruder Alarms etc) in Australia? I'm moving over in October and just looking for some information. I have looked into the licensing side of things already.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

AB7 wrote: »
    Just wondering is there anyone on here working in the security industry (CCTV, Intruder Alarms etc) in Australia? I'm moving over in October and just looking for some information. I have looked into the licensing side of things already.

Thanks

What state ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭AB7

I'm going to Perth so WA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I cant help you there really but the industry in most states is regulated and requires a security licence.

Some also do not permit temporary visa holders to have a Licence.

Here is a link that shows where to start it appears you would need a licence.

http://www.police.wa.gov.au/Ourservices/PoliceLicensingServices2/Security2/Typesoflicences/tabid/1812/Default.aspx

Advertisement