Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed Urgently!! - Lost Files on my Computer

Options
  • 25-06-2013 5:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

I'm using ZipNow to zip word documents for an assignment.

I dragged and dropped the filed into the ZipNow box, just as it told me to and when I went to Zip the files it came up with an error.

I clicked on the link and it said 0 files extracted.

Since I dragged and dropped the files into ZipNow, they are no longer on my computer. I've ran every search I can think of but they're nowhere to be found.

When I go into the ZipNow software and click on edit, it lists all of the files - but I can't access the actual files themselves.

My assignment is due in today at 2pm so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

I'm using ZipNow to zip word documents for an assignment.

I dragged and dropped the filed into the ZipNow box, just as it told me to and when I went to Zip the files it came up with an error.

I clicked on the link and it said 0 files extracted.

Since I dragged and dropped the files into ZipNow, they are no longer on my computer. I've ran every search I can think of but they're nowhere to be found.

When I go into the ZipNow software and click on edit, it lists all of the files - but I can't access the actual files themselves.

My assignment is due in today at 2pm so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Try opening it in word again. It often saves a backup copy of the document

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Look in recent documents by the sounds of things they are not gone too far. Worse case scenario you can download a programme called recuva this will find them for you. Sorry only a short post but on phone on bus + fat fingers = too much work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

When you get this list up try right clicking on a file and selecting Properties. It may show you the path where the file is stored.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Failing the replies you already got, download recuva and scan for the lost files, you should be able to restore them then

21/25

Advertisement