Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laying GetYourTipsOut Picks - Sponsored by Coral

Options
  • 25-06-2013 6:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭

Last year I did a log where I followed horse picks solely from Twitter. Back then I tried to find as many people as I could that were good at tipping horses, and bet only on their tips (trying not to let my own opinion alter the picks). In the end, I ended up finding a few decent tipsters, and a few normal guys that post decent tips. The log was a success. I started with €50 and ended with around €80 after less than a month making only €1 bets . I gave up though as it was too much hassle trawling Twitter for tips every day

GetYourTipsOut was one of these accounts I ended up following at the time. They had a great run, and made +2,000 point oer 2012, and I was along for the ride for a short part of that run

However, things are not so good now - in fact they are suspiciously bad, NAPs are falling regularly, as are NBs. Daily Doubles are falling apart, and Lucky15 are nothing short of terrible.

They have 60K+ followers right now, and people are following them blindly, and it seems they are now been steered in the wrong direction

If fact, I propose that opposing them would be a better option. That is why I am laying their main picks (NAPs, NBs ect) and seeing will I end up in profit.

This is not solely my idea, as there are two other Twitter accounts that have started up since they started to make "iffy" decisions. This log is just to keep track if level stake lays would actually result in profit.

Will start with a €50 Bank, and make Approx €2 Liability lays on each horse. That should be enough to not go instantly broke, and get a good idea of their tip quality.

Will post todays lays in next post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Current Stats

Starting Bank €50

Lay's for 25th June 2013

Horse Venue Result Winnings Tip Quality
    Green Earth 2:45 Brighton Horse Won (Lose) - Course NAP, Daily NB, Part of Daily Double
    Dairam 3.30 Beverly Horse Won (Lose) - Course NAP
    Reset City 4:00 Beverley Horse Lost (Win) - Course NB, Part of Lucky 15
    Kian's Delight 7:05 Newton Abbot Horse Lost (Win) - Course NAP, Part of Lucky 15
    Imperial Glance 8:00 Newbury Horse Lost (Win) - Course NAP, Daily NAP, Part of Daily Double
    Squeeze My Brain 8:35 Newbury Horse Lost (Win) - Course NB, Part of Lucky 15

Slight update. Removing some selections. Some prices are too big to lay (with my bank) - so sticking to horses in the Lucky 15 and Daily Double

Results for 25th June 2013

p0GQem8.png
    +2.80

Thoughts

Even though I am only up a bit, I think this is a good start. This actually could have been a much better day if I layed at better odds. I layed the early morning prices, and quite a few of the horses went off much lower - but I was stuck with the worse odds.

Today their Daily NAP lost, which was also part of Daily Double. It is pretty regular for one part of their daily double to lose. The Lucky 15 also returned nothing

I will try to make some alterations tomorrow -mainly making sure i lay at better odds - and my Bank should go up.

Live and learn.

Lay's for 26th June 2013

Horse Venue Result Tip Quality
    Ennistown 4:25 Salisbury Horse Lost (Win) Course NAP, Daily NB, Part of Daily Double
    Daylight 8:10 Bath Horse Lost (Win) Course NAP, Daily NAP, Part of Daily Double

Might add more - who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Interesting idea, good luck. In the past - when doing research for tipsters - I considered to find a few doing terribly and laying their selections. But problem was - there was no poor tipster who would post his bets long term :). He either disappeared or reset his blog :(.

LWbnyk1.png
    +€1.90

Thoughts

Both legs of the Daily double Lost today. Sadly, as you can see by my Bank amount above, I was not able to make a lay on the second horse (Bath 8:10), as I was busy all day, so I am only up the €2 (minus the Betfair 5%) on the lay for the earlier race.

The bank keeps slowly going up - so I cannot complain. Bath 8:10 was a 4 horse race - and I have no idea why any reputable tipster would pick a tactical race like that for one of their best bests of the day.

Onto tomorrow. Thanks stingerro, hope things keep going well.

• Advertisement

Lay's for 27th June 2013

Horse Venue Result Tip Quality
    Winning Express 3:40 Warwick - Course NAP, Daily NAP, Part of Daily Double
    Aglaophonos 9:10 Leicester - Course NAP, Daily NB, Part of Daily Double

Will add more (likely horses from their Lucky 15). No Lays made yet. Depending on the odds, might try to Lay each horse for €3 tomorrow

I cannot edit above, but one was a loss and the other was a NR. I layed for €4.70 and lost so my Bank is not back to €50.00

Laying today....

2.05 Newcastle | Jack Dexter (Course NAP) Horse Won - LOSE
    5.15 Curragh | Coach House (Course Nap. In Daily Double) Horse Lost - WIN
    5.35 Newmarket | Great Timing (Course NP. In Daily Double) Horse Won - LOSE

Sorry I cannot do a table. Posting on a phone.

Bank is now €46.88 now

All above lays had a liability of €5.

Only one was a winner

Rushing to lay Centered 3:30

Did not get there in time. Good news though, as Centered won.

Will most certainly be laying the second part of the Daily Double though - WINDSOR 7.30 ONE PEKAN

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

You must be a follower of Kris's? Haha. These lads are clowns. I reccomended them to anyone I could, but all they care about now is there affiliations etc. Cowboys. I have been laying the naps for a few months now.

ONE PEKAN did lose btw... but again was not on - had to be away from PC near off. Grabbing the Betfair App for my phone now to stop this from happen all the time - I could be up in the €60-€70 with all the lays I missed in the last few days!
    You must be a follower of Kris's? Haha. These lads are clowns. I reccomended them to anyone I could, but all they care about now is there affiliations etc. Cowboys. I have been laying the naps for a few months now.

I stumbled into Kris last year too (when doing the log to find the tipz on Twitter). Seem a pretty cool guy, and I chatted with him a few times - he seems to know his stuff, along with the other guys that share picks with him. Although, I feel you need a pretty big bank to befit from all the tips/info posted.

I definitely see him and other trying to take down GTYO - is part of the reason I started this.

Kris and Seanie are two of the nicest chaps, gents. Do you follow Seanie? So consistent over here.

Kris and Seanie are two of the nicest chaps, gents. Do you follow Seanie? So consistent over here.

I back a few of Seanie picks too, has some amazing EW picks :D

Would love to follow all picks, but have to pick and chose myself.

Anyways, I just layed

FOOTSTEPSINTHERAIN (19:40 Chepstow) - The GYTO NAP

...lets see how this goes

Lay successful! Bank: €52.93

Seanie is a good friend so I follow him. Kris texts me on his decent ones too. I think its VHT, Value Horse Tips, are an excellent service too.

Seanie is a good friend so I follow him. Kris texts me on his decent ones too. I think its VHT, Value Horse Tips, are an excellent service too.

I only know everyone on Twitter - probably chatted with Kris the most (simply as he is the most active on Twitter). There is about a dozen or so guys I chat with, all seem like an awesome group of guys - regardless of their tips - who are all great to talk to.

One thing I did noticed last year was there are quite a lot of idiots on Twitter too - so it is great to see some standup guys on there.

Apart from them though, there does seem to be more than a few people noticing that something is up with GTYOs pick right now (and for the past few months). No Tipster can be litinly this terrible - something is really fishy with them.

BTW, Did not lay Net Whizz (GYTO NB) - as I forgot! He lost too!

GYTO ARE HORRIBLE

Small stakes lay on Trucanini Haydock 5:20 - GYTO NAP

yoac7nd.png

No, the horse nearly pulled the arms off the jockey, and had nothing left for the finish...

Bank = €55.21

I have already layed

On Stage (5.25 Warwick) and Mankini (4.45 Doncaster). NAP and NB respectively,

Around a €5 liability on both - at least on should lose :p

• Advertisement

Mankini won, so going for a double lay on On Stage...

might as well try and make things interesting!

One Stage wins!

Daily Double wins!

Bank: €40.00

You win today GYTO!

8.20 Pique Sous (NB)
    8.00 Tenor 10/11 (NAP)

...both part of daily double.

Laying!

Tenor loses - and is unplaced

Pique Sous also lose - is third

Bank: €57.93

I win today GYTO!

They are EXPERTS!

6YZEilY.png

Did not make time to lay the GYTO NAP today - was Limerick 2.05 Bob Le Beau. It lost... I am shocked!

Laying the NB selection though - Bellewstown 4.55 Derg Princess

Derg Princess has to be pulled up about a mile from home - was injured

Lay won, but cannot celebrate with a horse getting injured.

Bank: €61.85

Might lay both of these - both are part of the daily double.

AYR 5.00 NORMAL EQUILIBRIUM
    RIPON 8.20 BONDESIRE

They are more high priced than usual - so wary of risking low return for the usual €10 lay.#

Also, I think Derg Princess was put down after yesterday's race. Pity :(

Decided to leave alone NORMAL EQUILIBRIUM at 5:00 - however, if it does win I will lay the 8:20 horse.

If the 5:00 loses I will just move onto tomorrow.

• Advertisement

NORMAL EQUILIBRIUM did not even place - I should stop inserting my own opinion into this, and lay their **** picks

Advertisement