Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Front Wedding Venues

Options
  • 25-06-2013 7:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi there, I'm finding it difficult to find my perfect wedding venue. I would love it on the water...rivers/lakes/sea...but it's hard to find venues that have big floor to ceiling windows facing the water eg:Carlton Hotel & C-Spa Kinsale.

If anyone knows any similar venues I would really appreciate the help...google only gets you so far!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Bayview hotel ballycotton.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sahara24

Thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

wineport lodge
    www.glassongolfhotel.ie

inchadoney in cork.
    seapoint in wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

From outside Dunmore House and Inchydoney in Clon but you can't really see the sea from inside

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭M442

Where are you located? Armada Hotel in Clare, the function room overlooks the sea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭con___manx1

the manor hotel ballina county mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

The Waterside hotel in Donabate, Dublin are actually doing a win your wedding competition (not sure when closing date is) and they are on the sea. You can find them on Facebook.
    Also have very good all inclusive deals there. Sister hotel to Station House in Meath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

The Garryvoe Hotel in Cork, also overlooks the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

pooch90 wrote: »
    The Waterside hotel in Donabate, Dublin are actually doing a win your wedding competition (not sure when closing date is) and they are on the sea. You can find them on Facebook.
    Also have very good all inclusive deals there. Sister hotel to Station House in Meath.

http://www.watersidehousehotel.ie/the-bridal-mile/

great spot for a wedding. I wouldnt put it in a list of the swankiest venues in the country but never once have been at a bad night there. staff great and friendly, relaxed atmosphere. definitely recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Thought of another one, I think the numbers they can cater for are less than 100, that was years ago. Might be more now.

Cliff House hotel, ardmore. Very swanky. 5 star. michelin star restaurant in it.

I was at a wedding there actually. The hotel is built into the cliff, the ceremony room looks straight out onto the sea. Fab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

macreddin village in wicklow has a stream/river outside their chapel - not exactly what you might be looking for OP but .... you can hear the river as the service happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Doesn't Acton's in Kinsale have sea views too? Not sure about the big windows and vista you're looking for OP, but worth checking. Is it just in Cork you're looking or elsewhere??

Ice House Hotel, Ballina, Co Mayo
    http://www.icehousehotel.ie/civil-ceremonies.html

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭MadamX

CoolBawn Quay - a friend's son was married here. It is truly idyllic.

http://www.coolbawnquay.com/coolbawn-weddings.html

It is expensive though; €105 - €115 per guest from what I can make out.

Wow thank you so much for all the replies :-) I have so much research to do now on all these venues...M442 I'm located in Athlone but I don't mind how far away the venue is from there, a lot of our guests are spread out across the country anyway. ABajaninCork, no I'm not just looking at Cork, anywhere in the country is fine with me once it's the kind of venue I have in mind.

Thanks again for all your help, we are in Australia until September and won't be viewing venues till then so if anyone thinks of other venues please let me know :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

sahara24 wrote: »
    Wow thank you so much for all the replies :-) I have so much research to do now on all these venues...M442 I'm located in Athlone but I don't mind how far away the venue is from there, a lot of our guests are spread out across the country anyway. ABajaninCork, no I'm not just looking at Cork, anywhere in the country is fine with me once it's the kind of venue I have in mind.

Thanks again for all your help, we are in Australia until September and won't be viewing venues till then so if anyone thinks of other venues please let me know :-)

There's a place in kilaloe - the annacarriga estate- it's on a lake shore, I think. I've never been, and don't know what it's like, but have a google and see what you can see!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

You're in Athlone and you can't find a waterside venue?!
    The Radisson
    The Hodson Bay
    The Wineport
    Glasson Golf Hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The sand house hotel in rossnowlagh in Donegal.

Am thanks Addle but i know all those venues since i live in Athlone...not everyone wants to get married in their home town...thanks all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Wineport Lodge outside Athlone. It's got an amazing view of the lake and the lovely fluffy reeds at the water. They have a place under a gazebo where they can do outdoor ceremonies. It's pricey though.

There's also the Pontoon Bridge Hotel, amazing view as well, not as expensive as Wineport and caters to much larger numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

www.thewatersedge.ie in Donegal
    It has the full length windows over looking the water. Think they only cater for 120 max.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Dingle Skelligs Hotel, Kerry.

Celtic Ross Hotel, Clonakilty, Cork.

The Lake Hotel, Killarney (can only do small numbers though I think).

Lakeside Hotel, Killaloe (Clare/Tipp border)

Rivercourt Hotel, Kilkenny (only beside a river, not a vast amount of water or anything but it's in a lovely location opposite Kilkenny Castle).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

The Ferrycarrig in Wexford is quite nice, and right on the river estuary. Food is good, and quite popular in the area for weddings.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭grainuaile

The Redcastle Hotel in Moville has what you want and I think they do civil ceremonies on the terrace which is out over the sea too. I've been to two wedding receptions there and it is fabulous
    The Ocean Sands in Enniscrone Co Sligo has big windows looking out on the sea too, the hotel doesn't look much from the outside but the view of the sea is their big selling point.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ponderousanon

Just booked the armada in Spanish point myself, grear views overlooking the sea!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

It's been said already, but the Bayview Hotel in Ballycotton has the most stunning coastal location in Ireland for a wedding of c. 100 people (The Cliff House in Ardmore only holds c. 50 people). Even the church next to it has a stunning sea view with the walk from one to the other about five minutes. At night it's particularly gorgeous with the fishing trawlers below against the pier and lit up by street lights, while the lighthouse on the rock 1km away just completes the picture.

Stephen the manager is also an absolute gent to deal with (it was too small for our wedding)

Advertisement