Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How often should I change shaving blade

• 25-06-2013 7:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

When should you use a new blade on your razor? I use it for shaving pits and legs. Recently I've noticed my skin on legs very itchy after shaving them. I use a good razor - Venus / Vibrance and sensitive shaving foam.

Maybe I need to change the blade more.

What's realistic - how many shaves should you use a razor for.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Without doing anything to the blade to make it last longer I couldn't use a Venus blade more than 2/3 times without it starting to feel jagged on my legs.

There is a trick you can do to prolong the life of you blades. If you run the blade along the soft part of your wet forearm like you are shaving backwards. Do that about 10 times and it should sharpen the blade. If you do this regularly you can make blades last months.

http://lifehacker.com/5502841/extend-the-life-of-your-razor-blades-with-your-forearm

My next suggestion is a bit more out there and requires a bit of up front investment but it's totally worth it and will save you a fortune in the long run. Invest in a safety razor. They give a much better shave than any cartridge razor on the market and the blades are really cheap. If you are interested pop over to the Facial Hair and Hats forum on boards, they have loads of info and tutorials on how to use them. Shaving.ie do reasonably priced starter kits http://www.shaving.ie/products/Economy-Starter-Set.html

I used my boyfriends safety razor on my legs out of curiosity a few years ago and I was amazed with the difference. I highly recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I only change mine about every three months or so usually, more often in the summer

Id guess most people would do it more like once a month though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

I change it about every 9/10 weeks, but i only shave once a week.

You can make them last longer if you run them up your jeans, it irons out the microscopic nicks in the metal. Like this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I change mine every three weeks or so, I guess I shave every day and as soon as I spot a bit of rust on the blades it's bin time; I tend to leave mine on the side of the bath and wetness makes it rust I guess. I dont use the expensive ones though either , maybe the disposable 4pack Wilkonsons Swords or Gilette ladies ones but find they need changing often

• Advertisement
Advertisement