Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fat and unfit to super triathlete ?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

Its another race under your belt, thats the main thing, and at least you finished the race, well Done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

Oh Lordy... Well, that was one loooong sabbatical... In my defense there was much external house painting and groundwork being done so I wasn't on my @rse at all times ;)

But I'm back now and tis time to get the ball rolling again and prep for next year.
    Will already be at an advantage for 2014 vs 2013 due to training regime getting off the ground now rather than mid tri season... *ahem* *cough*

So, 2gym sessions done mon and yesterday. Using the plan put together for me in local gym. As said before, it's weights, core work and interval training mainly.
    Sore muscles as a result.. Easy know I've been away from it for a while.

Another gym session planned for fri and then on sun either a spinning session or cycle, depending on weather.

You know what.... It's good to be back at it! :D

Oh my god.. is it really nearly 2 yrs since my last post??! Now that's ridiculously lax of me.

Anyway, I'll resurrect this log as my training to date this year has been a lot more respectable than previous seasons.

With a very young family, it is hard to commit to a lot of training. But, somehow, this year I've found some kind of a sustainable balance.

Training (proper) for 2015 kicked off in Jan consisting of club scheduled swim, running and strength training.
    A serious lack of mileage on the bike. I.e. intermittent sessions, are causing bike times to suffer but am trying to redress the balance now.
    Have already completed 2 duathlons this year and am in a much better place than I've ever been compared to the last two seasons so am really excited to see how 2015 tri season will go for me.
    first tri of season is Carlow, so it's only 3 weeks really. First open water training session will be next week.. brrrrrrrr. ..

Although I've just resurrected this log tonight, the next bit of activity on it won't be until at least Sat. But I'll endeavour to keep this updated this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Welcome back 😄

today:
    3k treadmill w/u
    1hr weights
    1k treadmill cooldown

• Advertisement

Whoops.. slipping up already on the log. :(

Ok, since last post last week have done
    3 x strength/weight training
    1 x OW swim.. only 750m. . too damn cold for more.
    1 brick session (1.5/7/3/7/1.5)
    38k cycle.

River not looking good for swim tomo so will probably just hit the pool.

Well didn't get to pool on Wed so hit it last night.
    only managed to get in 40 mins before pool closed.
    100m wu
    then a ladder of 50-100-150-150-100-50
    100m pb
    100m cd

Not as much as I hoped for but better than nothing

Brick sesh tonight

Sat 09/05 1hr weights & core
    Mon 11/05 1k swim in <30mins (all I could make time for :()

Taper week for tri795 this week

O/W swim tonight. Flew downstream with the current.
    Upstream a whole different ball game. I'd say I managed to swim up 100m before admitting defeat.
    Sunday certainly will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Where were you swimming c07? On the Barrow?

• Advertisement

joey100 wrote: »
    Where were you swimming c07? On the Barrow?
    Yup, sure was

So, that was pretty much the last piece of training before tri795 in carlow yesterday.

what a great race. Really enjoyed it.
    Disappointed that swim was changed to downstream but understand why.
    cycle tough on way out but lots of fun on way back. :)
    Nice flat run route.
    Delighted with my times and feeling super confident and motivated for athy in 2wks ðŸ‘

Out in river again tonight. 1k total, half up half downstream.
    current was tough but nowhere near what it was like last week. Bodes well for triathy all going well with the weather between now and then, of course.

Last night 22/05/15

Brick session
    run/bike/run/bike/run
    1.5/7/1.5/7/1.5
    great session. it can only improve what can be pretty pathetic transition times for me.

Weights training today

Advertisement