Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing a snowboard to canada

Options
  • 25-06-2013 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with bringing a snowboard over?? I plan on heading september sometime and have been looking up flights with airlingus (they have a 20% sale at the moment) and they dont have an option for sports carraige like they do with european flights.

would anyone know if its horrifically expensive to bring one over? trying to decide to buy a better one there or bring mine :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Probably cheaper to buy one on kijiji over there

• Registered Users Posts: 1 laffay

i've just booked my flight with airtransat (london - calgary), it seems that you can bring a snowboard for free. which is great :)

Ski equipment (snow or water) or Snowboard
    Quantity 1 pair of skis, 1 pair of boots, 2 poles, 1 helmet OR 1 snowboard, 1 pair of snowboard boots, 1 helmet
    Dimensions Regular size
    Weight Maximum 20 kg (44 lb.) total
    Cost Free within size, piece and weight limits
    Excess baggage charges Excess charges apply when free sporting equipment allowance (or allowable weight/size) is exceeded. See details under Checked baggage.
    Details
    Pole tips must be covered.

Place your skis or snowboard and poles in a ski or snowboard bag and your boots in another bag.

http://www.airtransat.co.uk/en/gammes.aspx?langid=en&parentid=53&type=voyageur&id=25

Advertisement