Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chapelizod and Lucan - Places to Live??

Options
  • 25-06-2013 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi :)

I'm looking for an apartment for my boyfriend and I - and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on these areas:
    Chapelizod (apartments available in the Steeples and Drummond house)
    Lucan (if anyone can recommend a nice area that would be great!)
    In particurlar does anyone know what either area is like in terms of safety?? Also I work in Damastown, so what is the traffic like in both??
    Any info would be much appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fewor

try to find a place in the village of lucan or in the esker area- thats up around superquin-dont go near lucan south which is pretty much clondalkin

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Lucan village and indeed Esker etc- can be a bit of a traffic nightmare in peak traffic- so if you're going to Damastown I'd suggest somewhere in the village itself- of just over the River.

There are a few nice developments in the village- The Vicarage (next to the boys primary school) and on the other side- The Village Weir (encompassing Ulster Bank). Down the other end of the village you have the Orchard. All 3 are gated communities, very safe, pleasant, close to all sorts of facilities and amenities- and easy access to the Old Clonee Road (aka a stonesthrow from Damastown).

If you go over the river- you have the Laraghcon development- again, very pleasant, lots of open spaces, close to St. Catherines where there are playing pitches, tennis courts, lovely walks in woodland etc.

My own preference (and where I live) is just off Main Street in the village- the location is superb, and couldn't be better for commuting to and from work.

Pop out to Lucan some evening- have a look around- get a feel for the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 flysa01

Thanks guys, do you know if Rosse Court Heights is in the village??

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

flysa01 wrote: »
    Thanks guys, do you know if Rosse Court Heights is in the village??
    VERY far away from the village!

Oh!! Thanks, I'll leave that one out so!

• Advertisement

Oh!! Thanks, I'll leave that one out so!

Check out properties using the "map view" so that you can see where they are easier.

259827.png

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

Would it be a lot easier to look around Blanchardstown Castleknock Onger Dunboyne if you're working in Damastown.

I'd agree with the others who suggest Lucan village though the traffic won't be great trying to get to Damastown.

Rosse Court-AVOID!

Also I work in Damastown, so what is the traffic like in both??
    Going the back roads, you'd want to avoid Blanchardstown, maybe going through Clonee. Where does your boyfriend work, as there may be an area between both places that would suit you better?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 spark23

Mount Andrew is a very nice estate close to liffey valley but in lucan about fiftheen minutes walk to lucan village aswell!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

spark23 wrote: »
    Mount Andrew is a very nice estate close to liffey valley but in lucan about fiftheen minutes walk to lucan village aswell!

During peak morning or evening traffic- it would add up to 30 minutes to your journey either way- unless you wanted to pay the toll on the bridge- and then double back down the Navan road- which is doable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

fewor wrote: »
    try to find a place in the village of lucan or in the esker area- thats up around superquin-dont go near lucan south which is pretty much clondalkin

The local free paper reported higher levels of crime in the esker area than the rest of Lucan south (if there is such a place).

Thanks everyone, I managed to find a place to view in Castleknock, which was where I was originally hoping for but everything seemed quite pricey! I'll keep an eye out for places in Lucan village tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭anndub

Have you considered The Island or The Weir apartments in Chapelizod? I lived in The Island for three years. Great spot. Apartments are well built and finished and it's really handy for town, the bus stops right outside plus you're only a short drive to the M50.

To get to Damastown you can join the M50 at the N3 junction pretty easily from Chapler by going up Knockmaroon hill. Traffic isn't particularly heavy heading that direction. My bf worked in Swords and used to be on the M50 (north of the toll) in less than ten minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The Steeples is Chapelizod in name only.
    It's Ballyfermot! ;)

A lot of improvements in the last two years. Proper lighting, non slip steps, blanketed in CCTV coverage, anti climb paint and more.
    Before this it had a lot of issues, three cars were burned out in 2012! So dark you'd be struggling to walk around in the evenings and the local knacker drinkers using it as a shortcut

I'd avoid it OP.

If you like Chapelizod then go down the village.

Steeples had huge issues over the years, improved a lot but it's still not great

• Registered Users Posts: 37 davidod2012

Hi lads,

Myself and the girlfriend are looking for a place to live in Dublin and we have made an appointment for a viewing in Hannah Square, St. Edmunds, Lucan, Co. Dublin. Has anyone got an idea of what this area is like as I am not from Dublin and do not know the area?

Help is needed ASAP as the viewing is today!

Cheers in advance for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Dortilolma

I've lived in The Island in Chapelizod the past few years and have loved every second of it.

It's ridiculously handy for town - buses are pretty regular and there are quite few stops. I don't know too much about The Steeples but would recommend the Island. We did see some places in Knockmaree and they seemed very pleasant.

Phoenix park on your doorstep is wonderful, I frequently have rabbits and deer crossing my path on morning runs.

The only difficulty is large grocery shops without a car - There is a Spar but I wouldn't do a weekly shop there. If you have a car there is a Tesco in Ballyfermot and two Aldi's (Kylemore Road & Palmerstown) near by.

Advertisement