Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Telephone Number

Options
  • 25-06-2013 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Good Morning,
    I am a Vodafone @ Home Customer with one Landline Home Phone Number.
    I am starting a work from home job for a international company and they want me to install a second phone number only dedicated to them or their customers.
    I would need to block my private phone line during some hours of the day so that only the second Business phone line is accessible. Is there extra wiring needed? How long would it take to have this installed?

Thank you.

I just spoke to Vodafone Customer Care and was told  that Eircom would have to install a second wire.
    I live in a rural area but not to far from the nearest village so how long would this take. I would have no problem switching to Eircom with this. I just need to know what is required, can it be done, & how long will it take.
    regards M

Beer Drinkers support Farmers!

Abolish infamous Minimum Unit Pricing!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

La Madame wrote: »
    Good Morning,
    I am a Vodafone @ Home Customer with one Landline Home Phone Number.
    I am starting a work from home job for a international company and they want me to install a second phone number only dedicated to them or their customers.
    I would need to block my private phone line during some hours of the day so that only the second Business phone line is accessible. Is there extra wiring needed? How long would it take to have this installed?

Thank you.

I just spoke to Vodafone Customer Care and was told  that Eircom would have to install a second wire.
    I live in a rural area but not to far from the nearest village so how long would this take. I would have no problem switching to Eircom with this. I just need to know what is required, can it be done, & how long will it take.
    regards M
    Hi La Madame

You can order this from your currentprovider and they then arrange an eircom technician to install the extra line.

However you are also more than welcome tocontact eircom sales to discuss your options and specifications of your requirements on 1800503603 (this is a business sales number as your extra line is for business purposes)

I've advised you contact sales as I reallydo not know the costs involved in this, however If you wishes to return to eircom this could take up to 15 working days in total (if you don’t have broadband it can take up to 5 days) and then you would order an extra line which can take up to a further 10 working days. Alternatively you can just order the installation of a line from eircom and this line will be charged on a separate phone bill from eircom while keeping your existing line with your current provider.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭La Madame

Hi and thanks, that does not sound to complicated!

Beer Drinkers support Farmers!

Abolish infamous Minimum Unit Pricing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

La Madame wrote: »
    Hi and thanks, that does not sound to complicated!

Hi La Madame

thank you

Al

Advertisement