Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much TV for 3.5 year old?

Options
  • 25-06-2013 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    We were getting into a bad habbit of allowing our boy to watch one tv program recorded on sky plus before he went to bed. As part of his routine. I am beginning to think this was a bad idea.

Can anyone advice?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

dont see the prob, my 14 month old is the same. she has bath (not every night), the watches the cuddlies (about 12 mins long), then bottle and bed.. shes happy, im happy, its all good :)
    She associates it with bed time now, and for the sake of twelve mins.. i think its worth it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I don't think one tv programme is going to do him any harm. I presume its not America's worst serial killers?
    A bit of tv is grand, stops him running around. Than pjs, teeth, story and bed would be fine.

If he was watching it on his room in bed that would be a different story because it would be theast thing he sees and it would keep him awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Eff Four

Hi Tim,

I honestly wouldn't worry at all about one small program before bedtime - if anything, the fact that you have a relaxed, predictable routine set up will only have positive effects on a toddler. My son is 32 months old and we sit on the couch singing along to the songs on Baby TV after his supper before going upstairs to wash teeth and go to bed. He knows loads of them now and sings to his comforter before nodding off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Eff Four wrote: »
    Hi Tim,

I honestly wouldn't worry at all about one small program before bedtime - if anything, the fact that you have a relaxed, predictable routine set up will only have positive effects on a toddler. My son is 32 months old and we sit on the couch singing along to the songs on Baby TV after his supper before going upstairs to wash teeth and go to bed. He knows loads of them now and sings to his comforter before nodding off :)

Our fells is 40 months. The last few months has come on a bit and he expects to watch programs lilke Scooby Doo and Kung Fo Panda which can be 20+ minutes.

I agree with you about the short programs. If it is only a few mins it is easier to manage. My wife came up with a good idea yesterday that he is allowed watch program(s) after creche. He is usually very tired then and obviously it's a busy time of the day for Mrs Tim Robbins as well.

So that tv slot is kept and the pre bed one removed. We'll see how it goes.

Advertisement