Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Speed warning sign on the Granges Road

Options
  • 25-06-2013 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭

I see they (KCC) have erected a speed sign on the Granges Road heading out of the city AFTER the two schools, housing estate entrance, and Medical Center entrance. :mad::mad:

Is the idea of these signs to warm drivers of their speed and get them to slow down BEFORE a hazard or public place and NOT AFTER it?

KCC doing their bit arseways again. :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

clivej wrote: »
    I see they (KCC) have erected a speed sign on the Granges Road heading out of the city AFTER the two schools, housing estate entrance, and Medical Center entrance. :mad::mad:

Is the idea of these signs to warm drivers of their speed and get them to slow down BEFORE a hazard or public place and NOT AFTER it?

KCC doing their bit arseways again. :confused::confused:

Saw that alright last night and it is indeed in a pointless location..

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

in fairness to them, I think the idea is that the location of speed traps is directly linked to where there has been a fatal or serious accident... so they are sort of limited to where they can put them.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Formosa

There have been several crashes over the years at the turn to the right towards Parkview, morons speeding into the bend and banging into the wall.

The pillar on the first house has been smashed so many times. It's a good place for that sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

One on the Bennettsbridge Rd too, at the Blackquarry, heading into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Formosa wrote: »
    There have been several crashes over the years at the turn to the right towards Parkview, morons speeding into the bend and banging into the wall.

The pillar on the first house has been smashed so many times. It's a good place for that sign.

Seen them all (and heard one big crunch there), and feel for the people in that house. BUT if the speed sign was at the Butts round-about , Granges Rd side, then it would serve both to warn drivers for the schools etc. and that bend.

Anyway they are/were going to put another round-about at that bend and Met station road. They were out a good while back taking messurements for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

It's a 50kph limit anyway.......so yes, I would presume it's because of the amount of cars that have lost it on that bend and ended up buried in that low garden wall. By pure luck there was nobody walking the footpath at the time.

Advertisement