Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand books

• 25-06-2013 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Is there any place in the city that will buy second hand books off you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Limerick Books, above the Religious shop on Little Catherine Street might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

roast wrote: »
    Limerick Books, above the Religious shop on Little Catherine Street might be worth a look.

The last time I took books into there, they only gave out credit notes to buy books in the shop.
    There is another book shop on Anne Street, across from the Thomas Street carpark, never been in there so don't know what they offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,524 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You won't get a huge amount for them.

I gave mine to charity last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Anywhere else for these? The place on little Catherine Street seems to be always closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

There's a 2nd hand book shop across from the entrance to Thomas Street car park. Another near the Round House Pub on High Street. The place on Little Catherine Street is the only other 2nd hand book shop that I know of in the city centre.

They never seem to be busy. Charity shops have killing off the market for 2nd hand books. The rise of e-books will probably be the final nail in the coffin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'd just as easily drop them into a charity shop..

Advertisement