Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danske Bank

Options
  • 25-06-2013 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 40 user23

Just wondering how long does it take to open an account with,filled in the online application 2 weeks ago and nothing from them yet. Can anyone help me out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

user23 wrote: »
    Just wondering how long does it take to open an account with,filled in the online application 2 weeks ago and nothing from them yet. Can anyone help me out?

application made on 26/04/2013 and still no reply :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 user23

thats crazy I seems a long time to wait,hopefully wont be waiting as long as that

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

user23 wrote: »
    thats crazy I seems a long time to wait,hopefully wont be waiting as long as that

I just rang Danske Bank customer service and I was told they've sent all paperwork in the beginning of May. Anyway they're going to post it again.
    See how it goes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

was a customer with nib, they did everything to get rid of me, they dont want irish customers

• Registered Users Posts: 30 cirrus55

I noticed that they request a 'Ceritifed copy' of a household bill, bank statement, Revenue letter etc. for proof of address. Would the actual original be accepted instead?

• Advertisement

I made an online application to them on Thursday. I have an account with UB but since they're becoming fee based I'm looking around. Apparently Danske Bank's online banking is second to none so I'd like to trial them and then hopefully switch.

Doesn't certified mean you have to get it signed by a lawyer, garda etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yes you bring the copy and the original to the police station and the guard signs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

I made an online application to them on Thursday. I have an account with UB but since they're becoming fee based I'm looking around. Apparently Danske Bank's online banking is second to none so I'd like to trial them and then hopefully switch.

Their online features are better than other banks but not worth paying unnecessary fees of up to 120 EUR per year for. Waste of money.

Danske have zero branches which, even for the most online of us, that can cause issues and delays at times.

Also, Danske do not offer Visa Debit nor contactless. They are stuck back in the Laser stone age.

I don't see why anyone would choose Danske over PTSB.

Can I not use their Laser Maestro thing to make online payments? It says so on their website. Also don't PTSB require €1500 a month to avoid fees? I wouldn't have that much coming in!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You can, but it's much more limited than Visa Debit (all other main banks) or Debit Mastercard (EBS and soon KBC).

They will be changing (they have no choice as Laser isn't SEPA compliant), but haven't announced a firm date (originally slated in 2012 as within the "coming months"). Then again, given their relatively low number of customers compared to the larger banks, the changeover will most likely be pretty swift and painless when it does come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Then again, given their relatively low number of customers compared to the larger banks, the changeover will most likely be pretty swift and painless when it does come.

Big capital IT cost involved in the change.

Danske need to make a decision soon to pay the capital cost or to exit the Irish current account market.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Not sure there is: they already issue Visa Debit in some of their other markets, and each uses the same IT platform.

Advertisement