Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today I did some detailing...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Lads - HydrO2 - buy it, it is simply amazing product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Mc Love wrote: »
    Lads - HydrO2 - buy it, it is simply amazing product.

Tell us more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Yeah some pictures to show how good it is we love pictures....

Tell us more!

The beading or water repelling is really really good. And its very easy to use too. I applied everywhere I could, even on the reg plates and they are now repelling water too.

This was the beading after polishing(AG SRP):
    IMG_20150323_142018_zpsdnmjcbvw.jpg

This is the lack of beading or HydrO2 doing its job
    IMG_20150323_144416_zps1yq7aaes.jpg

Applied it to the wheels and tyres (after applying CG wheel Guard and OAC Tyre Glitz(two coats))
    IMG_20150323_144442_zpszvmseg5d.jpg

IMG_20150323_144457_zpsmkogsmjp.jpg

With a rub of the Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy towel to get those bits of water still remaining
    IMG_20150323_145235_zpsewyng28i.jpg

IMG_20150323_145241_zps1o9gjdh2.jpg
    IMG_20150323_145256_zps5g8vbsyn.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Wait is that a black car been washed in direct sun light. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

cena wrote: »

It looks like somewhere in Ireland..so doubtful..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

IMG_9783_zpszp6yecqo.jpg

So, with the good weather recently I thought it was about time to finally wash the winter off the car. I've kept it unclean for about four or five months now, as I figured that it was a) a waste of time cleaning it and b) washing it regularly was only going to introduce more swirls or light scratches etc.

It's survived the winter pretty well. The wheels have definitely been the worst affected as they've picked up a couple of small chips with one wheel being curbed quite badly in a shopping centre. Bodywork is mostly mint, with one light scratch on the passenger side caused by a small branch sticking out of a ditch coming back down Sally Gap one day. It'll easily buff out and probably by hand too, so could have been worse. The salt on the roads has done a number on a couple of small bolts around the car (beneath the rear diffuser and the ones securing the front arch liner to the bumper / wing) so will need to replace them.

To-Do List
    • Clay & De-Tar Bodywork
    • Single Stage Machine Polish
    • Wax / Sealant
    • Refresh Front License Plate Holder
    • Refurbish / Replace Wheels
    • New Arch Liner & Diffuser Bolts
    • New Valve Stem Covers & Dust Caps
    • Repair Driver's Seat Base (Worn)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    IMG_9783_zpszp6yecqo.jpg

So, with the good weather recently I thought it was about time to finally wash the winter off the car. I've kept it unclean for about four or five months now, as I figured that it was a) a waste of time cleaning it and b) washing it regularly was only going to introduce more swirls or light scratches etc.

It's survived the winter pretty well. The wheels have definitely been the worst affected as they've picked up a couple of small chips with one wheel being curbed quite badly in a shopping centre. Bodywork is mostly mint, with one light scratch on the passenger side caused by a small branch sticking out of a ditch coming back down Sally Gap one day. It'll easily buff out and probably by hand too, so could have been worse. The salt on the roads has done a number on a couple of small bolts around the car (beneath the rear diffuser and the ones securing the front arch liner to the bumper / wing) so will need to replace them.

To-Do List
    • Clay & De-Tar Bodywork
    • Single Stage Machine Polish
    • Wax / Sealant
    • Refresh Front License Plate Holder
    • Refurbish / Replace Wheels
    • New Arch Liner & Diffuser Bolts
    • New Valve Stem Covers & Dust Caps
    • Repair Driver's Seat Base (Worn)

You decided to keep the car Paddy I take it?

Such a class car, with real proper modification done to it.

cena wrote: »

What's wrong with doing that? It was a mix of sun, clouds and light rain. Irish weather at its best

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Was thinking that alright but thats just the fog surrounds are grey arent they. I could still do the top and bottom grill which would look better anyway as they are faded a bit?? Or would it be a waste of c4 if grills meant to be grey!

Nah, grilles are grey too from factory.
    Might have to get the lot painted or plastidip if you want them black.

• Advertisement

If that's the case then C4 would be a waste of time. If the grilles went white, the C4 would bring them back to grey but it won't make them black.

166man wrote: »
    You decided to keep the car Paddy I take it?

Such a class car, with real proper modification done to it.

Yup, couldn't find anything I liked when I went looking. Aim is to hold off a few years and try buy a new GTI in the future, with a few fresh modifications to come shortly to keep me entertained :)

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Yup, couldn't find anything I liked when I went looking. Aim is to hold off a few years and try buy a new GTI in the future, with a few fresh modifications to come shortly to keep me entertained :)

I know of an E92 335i that will be up for sale in December 2016 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I know of an E92 335i that will be up for sale in December 2016 ;)

Jeepers that's very much future planning....!! :eek:

I don't know what I'm doing with my cars next month let alone next year....!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Darraghmh91.

Done my gt today came up super clean .. Pitty it's dull out and shine isn't showing the way it should

image_zpsuw9ekh76.jpg

image_zps3ts3t7io.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Good job Darragh! Looks very well indeed!

Now a bit of a rub of the headlights with the hand polish to add clarity, a bit of metal polish on the exhaust...and the job is A1!! ;) :P

Curran wrote: »
    Good job Darragh! Looks very well indeed!

Now a bit of a rub of the headlights with the hand polish to add clarity, a bit of metal polish on the exhaust...and the job is A1!! ;) :P

That exhaust is Comin off and being replaced with standard exhaust so not bothered cleaning it

Even better so! ;)

Yeah can't wait there nice twin pipe chrome tips on it so will look nice nd take the boy racer look off it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Yeah can't wait there nice twin pipe chrome tips on it so will look nice nd take the boy racer look off it

Stick something like a nice sebring back box i=on it that looks original but would give a nicer sound?

vectra wrote: »
    Stick something like a nice sebring back box i=on it that looks original but would give a nicer sound?

Ahh I like the standard one vectra and happy with no noise off it so it doesn't attract attention with Garda or anything .. I have one bought just waiting on the fella who has it to take it off his car so shouldn't be too long .. The one on it is killin the car now

Ahh I like the standard one vectra and happy with no noise off it so it doesn't attract attention with Garda or anything .. I have one bought just waiting on the fella who has it to take it off his car so shouldn't be too long .. The one on it is killin the car now

Ya,
    I am with you there on noise
    But those sebrings are really quiet until the welly is buried., Then there is just a nice little buzz off them. Nothing boy racer ish. :)

Do they have them for s starlet do you know
    I may look into it if there not too loud and look like the standard one .. I'm takin this oem route pretty serious and want know aftermarket parts with the acception of a toms lightened flywheel for getting up the revs a bit quicker but next on my list is fit exhaust and a good Clifford alarm followed by a clutch kit from toyota as mine is gettin low on meat and release bearing is pretty worn aswell when I'm driving with the boot down is kind of crunches goin into gear and the noise of the bearing is mental so it's an ongoing money pit ha .. It's at that stage in its life where loads of parts need replacing due to wear and tear but it will be solid when I'm finished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Threw it up in the picture thread so i may as well here too, the power of autoglym! :pac: two buckets and a quick run of ultra deep shine polish, turtle wax, alloys cleaned up and the tyres dressed, feel free to laugh at what i used but it does me fine :P

1zvg4r7.jpg

In the coming months I'm considering giving curran a small fortune (along with work for tools and the sort) to get my detailing bits and bobs up to speed, cos lads, polishing/claying/waxing this thing is near half a days work in itself, never mind detarring, washing, drying and the rest :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Fought the weather today, and cleaned a family members car today. :)

Not entirely happy with the plastics but I only had some back to black cream handy.

SAw4xaR.jpg
    uCJvNR9.jpg
    9SdOcuv.jpg

Just using stuff I had around, nothing fancy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I've made a start on my engine bay, cleaned most of the heavy crap I have from an oil leak (only really started cleaning It so mechanic can find the leak)
    CG degreaser is good stuff, then went over the plastics with AG bumper care, very oily product and actually seems ok. A nice bay makes such a difference

YTqxq5.jpg
    Heard a chap here is good at dent removal
    68vLBM.jpg
    KyktAb.jpg
    GgwPuE.jpg
    Some beading
    7BFpBi.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Done my gt today came up super clean .. Pitty it's dull out and shine isn't showing the way it should

Looks great man!! Absolutely delighted to see an EP82 being brought back to stock, I had to sell mine last year cos we had a baby, I was in the process of bringing her back to factory spec and all... But at least I have my MPS 6 to play with now :)

Looking forward to more pics when she is finished :)

H

That 6MPS needs to make an appearance here :D

X2 I wanna see this little beauty on here man .. Iv a build thread on this site in the project section man have a look there It's only an exhaust off factory standard but I have it bought
    Did you have any of the optional extras for you gt man nd what year was it im always interested to see other peoples ep82s

• Advertisement

Oh, go on then.... twist my arm ;)

343709.jpg

343710.jpg
    X2 I wanna see this little beauty on here man .. Iv a build thread on this site in the project section man have a look there It's only an exhaust off factory standard but I have it bought
    Did you have any of the optional extras for you gt man nd what year was it im always interested to see other peoples ep82s

I'll check out that project :) Here was mine.....

343712.jpg

343713.jpg

H

Starlet looks clean man I need that 16valve efi pipe that you have there mine is in bits ha
    Have you any parts left there from when you sold it

No sorry man, i gave the fella all the original bits that i had with the sale, as he wanted to restore it back to stock... the only thing i have left here is an ep82 3 pod a-pillar if you know anyone interested in it? also have 3 gauges that fit in too...

H

Fire me on a few pics in a pm there of what you have along with price etc nd I'll ask around man

Fire me on a few pics in a pm there of what you have along with price etc nd I'll ask around man

Will do man, i'll fire on pics in the morning!!

H

Do t Ya just hate when your cleaning the car and bird **** comes down to say hello
    I was buffing off the wax on the rear quater panel and the plop this little fella comes down onto the car ha

image_zpsf2qoo1nc.jpg

On the positive...great depth and shine in that paint! ;)

Yeah it's really getting there now curran I find every week I wash it it's getting better and better

Took pics to check for swirls with the torch on and I got this .. Not sure if it will bring up the swirls but better than without it

image_zpskmyhre7c.jpg

Yeah it's really getting there now curran I find every week I wash it it's getting better and better

Took pics to check for swirls with the torch on and I got this .. Not sure if it will bring up the swirls but better than without it

image_zpskmyhre7c.jpg

Looking really good. Even in the dark I can see my swirls, I've used srp and a glaze but even knowing they are only temporary fixes is annoying me. I can't wait to go at it with a DA as soon as this weather improves

I use a hex logic orange pad by hand on my car I don't have money for a da ha but I'd love one I'd save so much time Nd effort if I had one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Easter interior clean today. I had let it go quite bad so it had to be done. Cant be turning up at the relatives in a dirty car!

IMG_0730_zps1vg2qzly.jpg

IMG_0731_zpserd3ecpm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I've ran out of shampoo and I already have the car power washed down. Any alternatives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Well if you're willing to improvise there is washup liquid. It will strip any protection on the car so that will need to be applied after.

I've ran out of shampoo and I already have the car power washed down. Any alternatives?

drop of snow foam if you have some?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

No wouldn't do that. Rinsed the bottle out a few times, water went sudzy so that'll do.

No wouldn't do that. Rinsed the bottle out a few times, water went sudzy so that'll do.

Use hair shampoo

Following on from my last post, I made a start at some of the issues I wanted to tackle on the car. I foamed, two bucket washed and let the car dry naturally. I picked up a bottle of OAC Perfection at Dubshed and by Christ it's amazing. Seriously. So I gave the car a coat of Perfection after claying and de-tarring a couple of areas, along with hand polishing any light marks with Meguiar's Scratch-X. I'm very happy with the body work at the minute, although if I could figure out how to seal in Perfection, I'd be a happy man. Cleaned the engine bay down with APC and dressed with Aerospace 303. Gave another coat of Perfection after a day or so.

I've also replaced all the diffuser and arch liner bolts and have new chrome valve stems & dust caps to go on, but will wait and see what direction I'm going to go with wheels.

Slowly getting back up to standard. It's looking good for a car which hasn't been polished or waxed in six months.

IMG_9914_zpsnrgftr6y.jpg

IMG_9915_zpsai0spewo.jpg

IMG_9921_zpsntgptvsp.jpg

IMG_9920_zpsi2eyo9yp.jpg

IMG_9919_zpscg4em19p.jpg

IMG_9916_zps5cyzcapm.jpg

Looks extremely well Paddy!

Perfection is a quality product - but if you are looking for something a bit more durable, then I suggest you look at CarPro Reload; 4-6 months durability, with fillers to help hide any light defects....Id say it might be right up your street!

Defects???? How can a quick detailer hide a diesel engine? :pac:

• Advertisement

+1 for Perfection.
    I find it great

Nick was down over the last couple of days for a visit so we gave the E60 a wash and a squirt of Perfection

zOnwueAYa3E-7MctCr-1LjhuEacQQp9qngZ7p0eoa1U=w949-h553-no

2015-04-07%2B18.20.32.jpg

2015-04-07%2B18.22.23.jpg

Advertisement