Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today I did some detailing...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

You could have skipped the first dry as the water will help with claying and it's gonna be washed again anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Three hours of snow foam, wash, dry, clay, wash, dry and wax...

Three hours of foam sounds a bit excessive, but sure do no harm!

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Three hours of foam sounds a bit excessive, but sure do no harm!

I'd say he meant the whole thing took 3 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭micks_address

I'd say he meant the whole thing took 3 hours.

Too tired to care about grammar :)

You could have skipped the first dry as the water will help with claying and it's gonna be washed again anyway.

Thanks was my first time claying.. I used a spray bottle filled with water and 5ml bilt hamber auto wash and sprayed each panel before using the clay.. Also dipped the clay into bucket of water with auto wash also... Only used half the clay bar.. Cut it into two chunks and flattened out.. Alternating as I went.. The bar did take some dirt off and you could definitely feel the difference... I threw the two bits of clay out.. I assume you shouldn't reuse?

Cheers
    Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

Three hours of snow foam, wash, dry, clay, wash, dry and wax...

3 hours pffft part timer :pac: :pac:

Looking good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

5F33CF93-1F68-4F35-BC03-EDEF48349FF8_zpsbzgsqrhg.jpgApplied Carpro HydrO2. Let's see how it lasts.

*Kol* wrote: »
    5F33CF93-1F68-4F35-BC03-EDEF48349FF8_zpsbzgsqrhg.jpgApplied Carpro HydrO2. Let's see how it lasts.
    I might try this at some stage... Can i ask the process?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

*Kol* wrote: »
    5F33CF93-1F68-4F35-BC03-EDEF48349FF8_zpsbzgsqrhg.jpgApplied Carpro HydrO2. Let's see how it lasts.[

Looking very good, lovely shine well done KOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Thanks SB.

Mick,

You just wash the car so it's spotless, use an apc as it says not to use a shampoo with wax in it,spray the HydrO2 on one panel at a time. You power wash it straight away to activate it ( you will see it kind of foam up while you power wash it). Once you have done the whole car just dry off whatever water is left and you are done. I did everywhere including Windows and wheels. It feels really smooth like you have waxed the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Technically I didn't do any of this, but someone did. Got an enhancement detail - machine polish and interior valet. The paintwork was in dire need of attention since I got it, and it really did come up a gem. Well pleased with the results!

10sb4tf.jpg

29z7m2g.jpg

sx0is7.jpg

2hib2fp.jpg

kb23hz.jpg

119us03.jpg

3169h12.jpg

2uy3gg3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

They really do turn out well when clean, still a great looking car 16 year later.

Was it a single stage polish ?

Was it a single stage polish ?

That's what they called it. One run over with the rotary I think which removes all light marks, handprints, swirl marks etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Didn't do much really yesterday,
    Hoovered the inside and threw a bucket of water over the car to wash it . Thats all it needed thanks to the CQUK :pac::pac:

No, Seriously though,
    After hoovering it I snow foamed it including the wheels. Blew it down with the pressure water after about 5 minutes.
    I can honestly say there was not much need to actually wash it.
    Very happy with the cquartz stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Came out to this beauty today, very fresh as the dirt(really bad after yesterday's weather!) was gone from it too. After some polishing by hand using hex logic hand pads I got it to this stage, still a slight mark there in the lower part of the photo, hopefully I can fix it to 100% when I buy some pads for the DA. I'm happy enough though as I thought it was beyond saving at first.

45B2A9F7-A06E-45D7-9FCF-60F6F41EC7C4_zpsuznm4k0w.jpg

95040654-8E80-4EF1-834A-B8AEBDF462DF_zpsm3cz2uk2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

Looks like a belt of a football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Tennis ball I reckon, or similar....football would be much larger!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Thing is though it's parked on a drive with another car right beside it on that side. There is a lot of kids on the street though. Seems like a odd one! Could have been the puppy at the home place too. She doesn't understand the boundaries of claws on cars....yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

First attempt with a DA, very surprised with the results. Collinite 845 applied post polish

1zbdrb4.jpg

i6mj5w.jpg
    left and right of the picture is after decontamination stage (tardis/iron x/clay), right side has been corrected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Timooo_23

Spent a few hours cleaning her up on tuesday.... 4 hours in total! Clean, Paint restore, polish and wax.2015-09-22%2016.36.50.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

Kevin! wrote: »
    First attempt with a DA, very surprised with the results. Collinite 845 applied post polish

1zbdrb4.jpg

i6mj5w.jpg
    left and right of the picture is after decontamination stage (tardis/iron x/clay), right side has been corrected

Excellent turn around.

Great work Kevin!!

Now wash the tyres and a bit of dressing and it'll be A1 ;)

Is it important to tape off the trims and that when using a machine ?

Is it important to tape off the trims and that when using a machine ?

Not really but If you don't, you could either blacken your pads or end up with polish stains on them. It's possible to remove the stains but taping up these bits is better. Prevention is better than cure as they say :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Just a quick enough wash today wasn't too bad. Colanite 845 still doing a good job!
    IMAG1098_zpszyj4gtmy.jpg

IMAG1099_zpsex6ai9og.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Took the lazy option today and let D&D D detailing do it. Excellent as always.

20150926_125026_zpsgdvdfmm3.jpg
    20150926_125013_zpszuabzsbi.jpg
    20150926_131522-01_zpsfk7frjs3.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Busy morning here!

Washed, detar, clayed!

Used some KKD Regloss

Sealed with Collinite 845

Wheels dressed with Highstyle.

New set of ST Alloys on the way, got some KKD R-evolve X to seal them then!

Was badly needed after a trip to the ploughing!

Snowfoam
    Wash
    Dry

Simples :D

2015-09-26%2014.09.39_zpsojzytngv.jpg

2015-09-26%2014.09.31_zpslufrqpja.jpg

2015-09-26%2015.19.15_zpsezrzjqqg.jpg

2015-09-26%2013.59.49_zpsxyz2dz0e.jpg

2015-09-26%2013.59.34_zpstqqtwof9.jpg

Its working out well for you then Eugene? :P

Curran wrote: »
    Its working out well for you then Eugene? :P

Sure is Curran.
    Delighted with it so far.
    Muppetcheck was along with me later on today and thought it looked extremely clean and glossy.

Do you have any idea if Detailingshed is going to stock Wolfs Blackout anymore?

• Advertisement

Its on the list of need to order; but unfortunately, Wolf's isnt the priority right now!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

vectra wrote: »
    Sure is Cuttan.
    Delighted with it so far.
    Muppetcheck was along with me later on today and thought it looked extremely clean and glossy.

Do you have any idea if Detailingshed is going to stock Wolfs Blackout anymore?

Are you getting the itch to polish and wax it yet, or happy out with the less labour intensive process?

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Are you getting the itch to polish and wax it yet, or happy out with the less labour intensive process?

Not a bit of an itch.
    Honestly. I am very happy with it.
    Foam
    rinse
    Wash
    rinse
    dry
    walk away.

Almost the same goes for the wheels.
    If I were feeling very lazy ( or if it is going to be a horrible mucky weather )
    I fully intend on only powerwash and leave it, then an occasional proper wash.
    Lets see how that goers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭tech

Got Bored!!!

1-20150904_194001_zpsenhh8gbv.jpg
    2-20150926_111935_zpsveaaxwjl.jpg
    5-20150926_120902_zpskzsgcums.jpg
    4-20150926_120857_zpsisrzvj5j.jpg
    3-20150926_120849_zpsmw8jkw89.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Had a bit of time this weekend so decided to make the car winter ready. Had to wash it again this morning as it was caked in flies. Vectra gave me some car pro reload so I tried it out over the fusso. Came up well IMO, very easy to use.

20150927_154119-01_zpswbwvf0kb.jpeg
    20150927_154028-01_zpsxr32z7rd.jpeg
    20150927_154401-01_zps2n1wmlcp.jpeg

Winter mats then to protect the carpets.
    20150927_155626_zpse6ezuql4.jpg

Looking glossy ^^ :)

Both cars got some tlc today. Only reason I did them is because this week is promised fine, so all my work shouldn't be in vain!

I suppose the one annoying thing with beading is that they won't fcuk off when you want to dry the car!

osftqe.jpg

24zw269.jpg

206o4ud.jpg

Sorry about the bad beading pics, my phone refuses to focus, you get the idea though!

4q55kw.jpg

10872gj.jpg

Just quick one bucket wash with mit, rinse down and dry.. Much easier after the collinite treatment last weekend!

Sorry about the bad beading pics, my phone refuses to focus, you get the idea though!

Funny man ;) Haha

Funny man ;) Haha

Yar, I giggled to myself as I typed it :P

• Advertisement

Is that Focus just something that you picked up cheap and cleaned up or has it been in your possession for a good while ?

Is that Focus just something that you picked up cheap and cleaned up or has it been in your possession for a good while ?

Picked it up in August 14 and tbh I've spent quite a lot on it making it what it is, probably too much for what it is, but it's done now.

It was a boggo spec. Seen that it could turn out nice though, which think it sorta has. I enjoyed see it transform from what it was. Bought like this.

2luz71i.jpg

Now this is as it stands

24x3ztf.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Gave the car its maiden wash yesterday. Some Bilt Hamber snow foam, rinsed, Meguiars Gold Class shampoo, rinsed, dried, Chemical Guys Speed Wipe, Meguiars gold class liquid wax.

D224DB84-598B-479C-AA8C-431E455C433C.jpg

B46DFC49-666E-4B35-AEBF-1B3844412821.jpg

Fingerprint on the headlight in the first pic??

Also, I take back what I said about the red in the lights. I actually quite like it :D

Fingerprint on the headlight in the first pic??

No it's actually a bit of condensation as it's right in front of the DRL's! I've noticed it a couple of mornings now when I've driven to work but it may only be because I've not driven the car at night much yet and I need to get the headlights going to get rid of the moisture in there as there's obviously some!

Edit: actually I lied it's not in front of the DRL's, but it's on both headlights in that corner sometimes...

Ah right, you'll have that I suppose, especially in this weather.

One thing I did notice this morning that was never a problem with the ST and it's colour, is that flies seem to not even see this car in the dark. Found more than one lying dead on it this morning caught in the dew/beading. Lil feckers! :P

That's actually the best time to get them off when they've been lying in the dew as they've softened up.

That's actually the best time to get them off when they've been lying in the dew as they've softened up.

Oh these aren't flies I've hit... they're ones that have flown into the car overnight and got stuck in the dew! haha.

They're not stuck on, they come off no bother. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Look at these jerks:

20150928_145515_zpsrmzf9uzu.jpg

Sorted!

20150928_150806_zpshwvj81lt.jpg

Advertisement