Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today I did some detailing...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Arbo94

Gave the car a usual 2BM today but used a new drying towel! I have a dry me crazy and liked it but if I wanted to dry off a few cars in the same day it got annoying to wring out after every panel. The new twisted pile drying towel is very impressive and a lot lighter than the dry me crazy. Worth a look of you're looking for something different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Arbo94 wrote: »
    Gave the car a usual 2BM today but used a new drying towel! I have a dry me crazy and liked it but if I wanted to dry off a few cars in the same day it got annoying to wring out after every panel. The new twisted pile drying towel is very impressive and a lot lighter than the dry me crazy. Worth a look of you're looking for something different
    Where did you get this towel?

*Kol* wrote: »
    Where did you get this towel?

I went over to waxstock in July and bought one from the bouncers stand and got another off a guy on Instagram (not sure if I can say his name but it was £13.80 + €3 delivered through parcel motel) the one from bouncers was £10 but that was show prices not sure how much they usually are

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

I went over to waxstock in July and bought one from the bouncers stand and got another off a guy on Instagram (not sure if I can say his name but it was £13.80 + €3 delivered through parcel motel) the one from bouncers was £10 but that was show prices not sure how much they usually are

How did you find waxstock?

How did you find waxstock?

Heaven!! The products on offer were amazing and the cars on show inside were on another level (don't have enough posts to post photos of it) I seen one of the judges shining a light inside a hole under the bonnet to check for dirt :-) it's like Mecca for detailers really. Only mistake I made was flying over with no checked luggage (I'll be driving next time) and also being a student I only had a few hundred quid saved, you could easily spend thousands and you're still getting a bargain on almost everything! I think fusso was the only thing I paid normal prices for. All in all definitely worth a trip as its only getting bigger and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Heaven!! The products on offer were amazing and the cars on show inside were on another level (don't have enough posts to post photos of it) I seen one of the judges shining a light inside a hole under the bonnet to check for dirt :-) it's like Mecca for detailers really. Only mistake I made was flying over with no checked luggage (I'll be driving next time) and also being a student I only had a few hundred quid saved, you could easily spend thousands and you're still getting a bargain on almost everything! I think fusso was the only thing I paid normal prices for. All in all definitely worth a trip as its only getting bigger and better.

I checked in a bag on the return flight. I knew going over I would buy stuff. Pricing was very good and great talking to suppliers. The level of detail was unreal.

I checked in a bag on the return flight. I knew going over I would buy stuff. Pricing was very good and great talking to suppliers. The level of detail was unreal.

Ahh smart thinking! :-) what did you grab? Did you see the little red/black Saxo? Think that was my favourite. I was amazed that the cars had no wax or glaze on them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Nice quicky today with the DA and some Pentawax :p

hnLxIq7.jpg

kpk0SvJ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Tried my hand at this detailing lark earlier. This was on a 1999 Jaguar S Type bootlid. Colour reminds me of my 166 alright!

I was impressed with the results achieved. The paintwork is in a bad way, very dull and swirled/scratched.

2qtekg5.jpg

Also experimented on the wing of an Alfa 159 which was in even worse condition! A number of stone chips detracted from the finish but an improvement!

2uyfuwn.jpg

Welcome your comments!

• Advertisement

Looks like new. Great job!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Winning at testing and experimenting!! ;)

Has anybody used autoglym Srp as a filler under fusso? Or even cg black light under fusso?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Has anybody used autoglym Srp as a filler under fusso? Or even cg black light under fusso?

I wouldn't to be honest, Fusso on its own is best. Fusso has quite a few of its own fillers though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I wouldn't to be honest, Fusso on its own is best. Fusso has quite a few of its own fillers though!

Put SRP under Fusso and it wont last Pi$$ing time.
    Proper prep and fusso x2 light coats at 24 hours intervals.
    Best result.

vectra wrote: »

Put SRP under Fusso and it wont last Pi$ing time.
    Proper prep and fusso x2 light coats at 24 hours intervals.
    Best result.

Find it difficult to do the 2 coats 24 hours apart though the roads I drive daily are particularly bad for dirt (not a country road just filthy with trucks etc) and it's always filthy after a day

• Advertisement

Find it difficult to do the 2 coats 24 hours apart though the roads I drive daily are particularly bad for dirt (not a country road just filthy with trucks etc) and it's always filthy after a day

I only had one coat on mine and it lasted 8 months :)

I only had one coat on mine and it lasted 8 months :)
    I'm hoping mine will last that long! I think it will to be honest as long as I maintain properly

I hope to have some Carpro Reload delivered tomorrow. That's going to be my winter coating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Gave the old Peugeot a good going over last week. Last time it got any protection was over 2 years ago, rub of turtle wax :o

Did the full process from 2bm through claying, deiron, polish, wax etc. Very little iron fallout, esp from the wheels, considering it was never done before.

Was a mobile job so had to uproot all gear and put it in the car.

headlights were gone a tad yellow, just put toothpaste on them, brought them up nicely.

P40 polish and Butter Wet Wax were the polish and wax combination. Got super mileage out of them, almost gone now, but did at least 6/7 vehicles.

Results on this girl were super, really was anxious to get it done as it'd soon start to fade with no protection. Really brings out the red. Still holding strong, having just rolled over 85,000 miles.

uvuc8.png

28iz5dt.png

2z5pwzr.png

30vlq2a.png

35kihjd.png

2nooiw.png

m7fhw1.png

11mdbbk.png

ev6iar.png

10y45jb.png

21a9t21.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

No harm in doing it a week apart.
    Give it a proper wash first.

• Advertisement

vectra wrote: »

No harm in doing it a week apart.
    Give it a proper wash first.

Cheers I'll give it a go soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Nice one Noccy. Everything just fupped away into the hedge afterwards. Get away from me, car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Hal1 wrote:
    Nice one Noccy. Everything just fupped away into the hedge afterwards. Get away from me, car!

Aye haha

Only outside water supply was down the back at an old shed, so that's where I set up! Hence the rough look of the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Ah shure it's grand, got the job done and looks good too :).

6D0E9288-E010-4397-927B-A0DC2C2812FD_zpss0vjd5fn.jpg
    a little 50/50 from paint correction the other day

Used my rupes Bigfoot 21 and Bigfoot mini with megs m105 and m205

I can post photos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Nice work!
    Having spent the weekend paint correcting my 159 I've decided that I'm never doing it again! Body is still shattered! How anyone can do this for a living amazes me. Next time I'll definitely pay a man to do the job

Nice work!
    Having spent the weekend paint correcting my 159 I've decided that I'm never doing it again! Body is still shattered! How anyone can do this for a living amazes me. Next time I'll definitely pay a man to do the job
    Thanks! I've been doing more and more cars and it does definitely get sore on the arms but it's so worth it to see the results

Nice work!
    Thanks! I've been doing more and more cars and it does definitely get sore on the arms but it's so worth it to see the results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Nice work!

I hear you're super slow at it :)

• Advertisement

YbFocus wrote: »
    I hear you're super slow at it :)

Perhaps, all I know is I'll never do it again

Perhaps, all I know is I'll never do it again

Ah is it not worth it for the finish :)

YbFocus wrote: »
    Ah is it not worth it for the finish :)

Don't get me wrong, it's highly satisfying. However I've came around to realising that the prices charged by detailers for paint correction is very good value for money, by the time you take pads, polish and sundries into account as well as the amount of time it takes me to do it.
    I can think of much better ways to spend my Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Graham 1324

Saw this spanking new Civic Type R couple weeks back , for some reason I kept thinking , why choose this and not a new Golf R??

Had a brand new Superb for a Ceramic Coating and Fabric Coating at the weekend, paint was in good nick as I told him to tell the dealer to leave it alone and I was the first to wash it.

IMG_20160912_182010_zpsufp32puq.jpg

IMG_20160912_181959_zps3ipzmmmj.jpg

IMG_20160912_182031_zpsvw4a87sr.jpg

IMG_20160912_182036_zpsejn1upnm.jpg

IMG_20160912_184048_zpsscwik1tz.jpg

IMG_20160912_184059_zpsdtb8racr.jpg

IMG_20160912_144922_zpskj1txbxx.jpg

IMG_20160912_144915_zpsyjbsjrqc.jpg

IMG_20160912_144858_zps2yppdjca.jpg

IMG_20160912_144805_zpsod9pnvlh.jpg

Massive amounts of Iron on it but it was after 4 weeks or so driving to be fair.

IMG_20160911_130045_zpss6fzyefn.jpg

IMG_20160911_130047_zpsducztfiz.jpg

IMG_20160911_130053_zps6dxnqsv5.jpg

IMG_20160911_130120_zpscoqcjyvd.jpg

Fabric guard in action:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Her car hasn't seen a bar of soap in quite some time. Wheels were probably the dirtiest I can remember them ever being. Not really detailing as I just washed them with a cloth and some warm water but just shows that the little coat of wheel guard helps as they came up with zero effort. 50:50 type photo below...

20160913_200748.jpg

In fairness that style of wheel is easy to clean and a joy to clean in comparison to these feckers...
    20160913_200134.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Is the Golf R gone???

No......not yet! But hopefully get her shifted soon enough.

vintagevrs wrote: »
    No......not yet! But hopefully get her shifted soon enough.

Good old e36 opened your eyes ;)

• Advertisement

I'm not gonna lie, it did have an influence :)

Golf was a great car but not sure how much actual enjoyment I got from it other than driving it fast.

In the last fortnight the E30 has gained working central locking, bluetooth audio, working electric mirrors, interior lights. All just with me farting about in the garage with a voltmeter in one hand and google/forums in another. I love messing about with it. It also makes a better sound too!

vintagevrs wrote: »
    I'm not gonna lie, it did have an influence :)

Golf was a great car but not sure how much actual enjoyment I got from it other than driving it fast.

In the last fortnight the E30 has gained working central locking, bluetooth audio, working electric mirrors, interior lights. All just with me farting about in the garage with a voltmeter in one hand and google/forums in another. I love messing about with it. It also makes a better sound too!

Such a lovely car man honestly :)
    Well jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭DoctorStrange

Aesthetic upgrade rather than detailing

IMG_20160918_202605_zpsaviroppm.jpg
    IMG_20160918_203953_zpsxykk5hng.jpg

Badges only 6 euro from BMW.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭DoctorStrange

Double post

Snowfoam, 2BM wash and some ODK Quick Detailer and the cars are looking as good as after applying wax for the first time!

Xzyl2ip.jpg

Orhqjr8.jpg

RN5yHBk.jpg

OAqzx2i.jpg

JWZWSWc.jpg

Wt3hEzH.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

That Volvo's looking extremely well for a twelve year old car!

• Advertisement

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    That Volvo's looking extremely well for a twelve year old car!

Alloys need a refurb and the front passenger window regulator needs to be re-riveted as it's vibrating under certain engine RPMs, otherwise it's a pretty good car. I picked it up a year ago for peanuts for my mum because the engine was covered in oil. New crankshaft seal and timing belt kit and it has been trouble free since! Passed NCT with no issues.

Nice sound from the 5 cylinder too! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Big fan of the xc90 alright. Lovely looking example anyway. The wheels wouldn't have needed refurbishment if you weren't such a shietpilot! I joke! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I hope it's dry Saturday so I can do some cleaning. Mondeo is in a right state inside and out, BMW isnt too bad but could do with a clean too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Forecast for Saturday is looking like a wet day.

www.yr.no,just stick in your location.

I use met.ie as a guide. The short range page is also excellent!

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

• Advertisement
Advertisement