Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Online Banking?

Options
  • 25-06-2013 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I'm currently using AIB for my main bank account. I was willing to accept the last round of fees but not the new. They've gone too far so time to move after almost 20 years!

The one thing that was keeping me with AIB was their online banking. It's pretty clean and easy to use. I've seen BOI's online banking and it's a bit behind the times.

Permanent TSB are looking like the best candidate to take over my account but I don't know what their online banking is like?
    Has anyone used it and what are their thoughts?

Which online banking would you recommend?

Who has the best online banking? 23 votes

AIB
    0% 0 votes
    Bank of Ireland
    21% 5 votes
    Danske Bank
    8% 2 votes
    Permanent TSB
    30% 7 votes
    Ulster Bank
    26% 6 votes
    other
    13% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

I'm with PTSB have been for years, I have no problems with their online banking & they've recently introduced a iphone app for it. As I've never used AIB online banking I can't tell you if its better or worse but for me its easy to use, you can pay your credit card and any other bill you wish using it, transfer between accounts and top up your phone. Getting through to an open24 agent is usually quick and I find them extremely helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 anydroid

Although it uses Java (which can be a nuisance given the volume of security updates) Danske's online banking is excellent.
    • All accounts (current, credit) listed in main menu
    • Manage your cards: activate, block, report stolen etc
    • Manage your random number cards: remaining numbers, block, replace
    • Full IBAN easily visible
    • Create, amend, stop, pause any DD, with a variety of date patterns
    • Create your own IBAN transfers
    • Proper live balances (no caching/delays)
    • Confirmation dialogs to prevent you doing anything silly
    • PDF statements

Transferring money between own accounts in IRL and GB is also free, painless and virtually instant; although having similar cards/codes/websites in both jurisdictions can be confusing.. I'm never quite sure which site I'm on, or which access numbers I need.

Their smart phone apps are also excellent.

Tak Danske.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Dankse have the best online banking but the worst customer service and no branches.

Advertisement