Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint about Estate Agent

Options
  • 25-06-2013 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hello All, I've been in the process of buying a house for 6 months. It has recently come to my attention that the bank (who own the place) has not signed off on the sale of the property and the Estate Agent knew this all along and led me to believe the sale was close to completion regularly. Basically the former owner of the house (who is selling a large portfolio) is the client of the estate agent. I have decided to make a complaint against the Estate Agent and was wondering should that be made to the PSRA or another body? Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Your real problem would appear to be with the bank or the original owner.

Does the estate agent belong to a professional organisation?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭chunkylover4

The institute of chartered surveyors I believe. The EA has said that he did not realise the bank were involved until a month after my offer was accepted and is now saying the credit board in the bank have signed off on the sale the only thing holding it up is that they haven't sent out an official confirmation to the vendors solicitors. I am not in contact with the original owner and the Estate agent has given me different names for him on different occasions, I do however know which Bank is involved. Is there any way I could get some information from the Bank? (Sorry to change the thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Penguino

Getting info from the bank will be nearly impossible, you will be caught up in red tape. They are not going to release details of their clients.

If you have any issue with the estate agent you can contact the regulator www.psr.ie

Advertisement