Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's On" thread...

Options
  • 25-06-2013 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭

Was just posting about Thursday's Ignite in the What's On thread, and it occurred to me that I never look at that thread myself, even though I read almost every post in the "non-stickied" threads. Given that there have been less than a hundred posts in the "What's On" thread in almost three years, I'd guess I'm not the only one who doesn't pay it a whole pile of attention.
    It does act as a disincentive to posting new threads about upcoming events, I suppose, which fulfils part of its intended function, but does anyone read it? 62k views in 3 years is not a lot...

If there were a "non-stickied" table quiz thread floating around, for example, I'd be all over that like a bad rash.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Ficheall wrote: »
    Was just posting about Thursday's Ignite in the What's On thread, and it occurred to me that I never look at that thread myself, even though I read almost every post in the "non-stickied" threads. Given that there have been less than a hundred posts in the "What's On" thread in almost three years, I'd guess I'm not the only one who doesn't pay it a whole pile of attention.
    It does act as a disincentive to posting new threads about upcoming events, I suppose, which fulfils part of its intended function, but does anyone read it? 62k views in 3 years is not a lot...

If there were a "non-stickied" table quiz thread floating around, for example, I'd be all over that like a bad rash.

I read it and I've posted too. It is a low viewership though, but I imagine it is so the forum won't be flooded with (albeit helpful) pr. Maybe your post is all it needs to give it a boost Ficheall! :) Unless you get moved in the next 2 mins!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

I think if we had a new thread for each month then it wouldn't become so stagnant.

So 'What's On Galway July 2013' etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

This is an interesting point. I find that I always read the 'What's On' thread if there's a new post, but I can see how it could be passed over by most users.

The auld mods will have a bit of a gossip about it and see what's what. I'd be interested to hear more people's thoughts on this however.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,464 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Same as RHG. I always look if there is a new post highlighted. It's better than having spam posts popping up everywhere.
    I do notice that some people only use the Forum to stick up a screenshot of their commercial event in 'what's on' and never contribute anywhere else though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I think if we had a new thread for each month then it wouldn't become so stagnant.

So 'What's On Galway July 2013' etc.

I agree with this. I rarely look at that thread (and then usually only to see if something I already know is on is mentioned!). But I think I would keep an eye on it if it were monthly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I think where they are is grand, dont need every little random event that i dont care about clogging up the place.

Advertisement