Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No internet connection for SIX days! Where's my refund???

Options
  • 25-06-2013 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

eMobile left me with no internet for 6 days in a row; Monday 23rd through Saturday 28th January 2012. Naturally, by Day 6 it was extremely urgent - TOP priority. When I contacted Product Support, I was told that given the urgency a Supervisor would phone me back within 48 hours.

I'm still waiting for that phone call after nearly 18 months.

The 31-day billing period ran 15th January - 14th February 2012 and the amount was paid by DDI on 2nd February 2012. It was €65.04 including VAT and has still not been refunded. I paid for an "always on" service and was left off-line for a FULL WEEK!!!!!

18 months has elapsed. When can I expect my money back for a service you never provided?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Ronan D18 wrote: »
    eMobile left me with no internet for 6 days in a row; Monday 23rd through Saturday 28th January 2012. Naturally, by Day 6 it was extremely urgent - TOP priority. When I contacted Product Support, I was told that given the urgency a Supervisor would phone me back within 48 hours.

I'm still waiting for that phone call after nearly 18 months.

The 31-day billing period ran 15th January - 14th February 2012 and the amount was paid by DDI on 2nd February 2012. It was €65.04 including VAT and has still not been refunded. I paid for an "always on" service and was left off-line for a FULL WEEK!!!!!

18 months has elapsed. When can I expect my money back for a service you never provided?
    Hi Ronan D18,

That is definitely not the case at all. I can see from your account that my colleague Dermot in our complaints team investigated your issue and he was in contact with you through emails as he was unable to call you.

He also applied a credit of €20 to your account for your monthly commitment on your broadband on the 20th February 2012.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

What a response!  Fair Play Eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

I knew i had some deja vu from this issue, exact same thread opened and responded to 2 months ago, this guy must just be a trouble maker.:rolleyes:
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056935678/1#post84345752

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Ronan D18

I never asked for a €20 credit to be applied to my account Grainne. Given that you left me offline for 6 days in a row I expect a full refund of the €65.04 that I paid.

allen175, I didn't initiate any of this hassle with Eircom. They left me off line for a full working week, which is not acceptable. I paid €65.04 for an "ALWAYS ON" service and Eircom should have refunded it IN FULL long ago.

An ISP that can drop your connection for 144 hours shouldn't have a licence to operate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

€65.04 ÷ 31 = €2.09 per day x 6 days = €12.58.

It seems you have already got your money back for a service they never provided plus an extra €7.62

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

It seems you have already got your money back for a service they never provided plus an extra €7.62

Hi Cushie Butterfield

That makes allot of sense to me, thanks.

Al

I never asked for a €20 credit to be applied to my account Grainne. Given that you left me offline for 6 days in a row I expect a full refund of the €65.04 that I paid.

allen175, I didn't initiate any of this hassle with Eircom. They left me off line for a full working week, which is not acceptable. I paid €65.04 for an "ALWAYS ON" service and Eircom should have refunded it IN FULL long ago.

An ISP that can drop your connection for 144 hours shouldn't have a licence to operate.
    Hi Ronan D18,

On the dates that you were having this issue you were able to incur high data charges so therefore you are not due any refund as you did connect  to the internet on your broadband.

The charges will remain on your account and you are not due a refund.

Grainne

I never subscribed to a service that connects me for 25 out of 31 days. I subscribed to an "ALWAYS ON" service, as stated in my contract with eMobile.

Hi Ronan D18,

On the dates that you were having this issue you were able to incur high data charges so therefore you are not due any refund as you did connect  to the internet on your broadband.

Grainne
    There was no service from 23rd - 28th January 2012 inclusive. On day 1 of the outage, your colleague advised that the software eMobile uses for calculating data usage was malfunctioning. That explained why my dashboard said I used about 9GB per month for an entire year (2011) and then when the software was malfunctioning the same dashboard read "You are not subscribed to this service". Grainne, your own internal IT problems are not my concern. Read the contract again. eMobile are obliged to "make services available at all times". I'm still due that refund of €65.04!

Go and sort out your internal IT problems in your own time.

Hi Ronan D18,

Grainne
    There was no service from 23rd - 28th January 2012 inclusive. On day 1 of the outage, your colleague advised that the software eMobile uses for calculating data usage was malfunctioning. That explained why my dashboard said I used about 9GB per month for an entire year (2011) and then when the software was malfunctioning the same dashboard read "You are not subscribed to this service". Grainne, your own internal IT problems are not my concern. Read the contract again. eMobile are obliged to "make services available at all times". I'm still due that refund of €65.04!

Hi Ronan D18,

As I have advised you above and as confirmed by my colleagues in our technical team as your broadband connected to the internet and incurred the data charges you are liable to pay the bill.

You are not due a refund of any kind.

Grainne

• Advertisement

Hi Ronan D18,

Grainne

Hi Ronan D18,

As I have advised you above and as confirmed by my colleagues in our technical team as your broadband connected to the internet and incurred the data charges you are liable to pay the bill.

Grainne
    Grainne,

Then why did your colleague tell me on 23rd January that your own software wasn't able to record my data usage owing to a bug in the system?

Why did Customer Service repeatedly place me on hold, allow my calls to drop and then not have the courtesy to phone back?

Why did they sometimes patch me through to Meteor, who simply hung up when they saw I was an eMobile customer?

During the 6-day outage, why was I not telephoned even ONCE with updates on a resolution?

Why was I not phoned by a supervisor on Monday 30th January as promised?

Having made a complete shambles of trying to deliver a service, do you seriously expect ANY money to be paid over outside the highest court in the land?

Put the infrastructure in place FIRST, then start inviting subscriptions. But don't waste people's time like this. It's just insulting.

Ronan.

Hi Ronan D18,

Grainne

Hi Ronan D18,

Grainne
    Grainne,

Then why did your colleague tell me on 23rd January that your own software wasn't able to record my data usage owing to a bug in the system?

Why did Customer Service repeatedly place me on hold, allow my calls to drop and then not have the courtesy to phone back?

Why did they sometimes patch me through to Meteor, who simply hung up when they saw I was an eMobile customer?

During the 6-day outage, why was I not telephoned even ONCE with updates on a resolution?

Having made a complete shambles of trying to deliver a service, do you seriously expect ANY money to be paid over outside the highest court in the land?

Put the infrastructure in place FIRST, then start inviting subscriptions. But don't waste people's time like this. It's just insulting.

Ronan.

Hi Ronan D18

I do agree that this matter could have been clarified earlier and you certainly should have received a call back from a supervisor when promised this.

I have passed all of your comments on to the relevant customer sales sections.

I have to advise that the credit and response provided has come from our Customer Complaints team and I cannot alter their decision.

If you do wish to have customer complaints re-investigate the case you can certainly call them on 1800690000, PM me the case ref number provided and I will follow up and update on that case for you.

Grainne

Hi Ronan D18,

Grainne

Hi Ronan D18,

Grainne
    Grainne,

Ronan.

Hi Ronan D18

I do agree that this matter could have been clarified earlier and you certainly should have received a call back from a supervisor when promised this.

I have passed all of your comments on to the relevant customer sales sections.

I have to advise that the credit and response provided has come from our Customer Complaints team and I cannot alter their decision.

If you do wish to have customer complaints re-investigate the case you can certainly call them on 1800690000, PM me the case ref number provided and I will follow up and update on that case for you.

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

After 18 months, you're the first person in eMobile to admit that I should have received a call back from the supervisor when promised! No money is going to change hands on either side if the parties won't communicate.

I'm tired of lodging 'formal' complaints at this stage. I sent a letter by Registered Post dated July 2012, which has yet to be acknowledged after a year. There's been no postal correspondence since May 2012, which seems strange if there's supposed to be an outstanding balance???

I'd prefer if the supervisor who was due to phone me on 30th January 2012 finally picked up the phone and rang me. My phone number hasn't changed.

Ronan.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

I thought this was Talk to......Not Whinge at!

MajorMax wrote: »
    I thought this was Talk to......Not Whinge at!
    MajorMax, I'll happily "Talk To" the offending ISP when they put a proper Customer Service facility in place.

Today I'm writing to Minister Rabbitte's Private Secretary advising that eMobile should not have a licence to operate until it has all the necessary infrastructure in place first. 6 days offline with no updates on a resolution is simply not acceptable.

Advertisement