Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royalty free footage?

Options
  • 25-06-2013 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi

Just wondering if there are resources where I could get royalty free footage, like there is with royalty-free music libraries etc.

For example I wanted to try and get my hands on some generic, winter-scene footage - bare trees blowing in the wind, forests, rain, clouds - that kinda thing.

Is there anywhere I could start?

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Do you mean totally free? You could use public domain or creative commons stuff - or if you can pay for a licence, videoblocks, pond5, etc. would suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 SweetStasis

yeah just wondering about all the options i suppose. I'd be happy to pay if it was worth it and didn't break the bank.

yeah videoblocks and pond5 look great - thanks for that.

any free options also fire them out there.

PS...would prefer to be able to pay per clip if possible. For example videoblocks seems cool, but i couldn't justify the monthly subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

For free/very cheap, try this: http://www.xstockvideo.com/

Or wikimedia commons.

For paid, pond5 and istockphoto are your best bet for pay per clip I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 SweetStasis

thanks man

Advertisement