Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stemetil - experiences?

• 25-06-2013 1:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have been battling horrendous nausea and IBS since 6 weeks into my pregnancy. I am now just at the end of the first trimester, and other than a brief period of 4 days when symptoms calmed down, they have gotten worse and my vomiting and cramping and retching has escalated to the point where I couldn't even keep the water I was drinking down.

Because of this, I ended up a bit dehydrated and my GP sent me into the Rotunda who put me on a drip and prescribed Stemetil - not everyday, but for those days when it is really bad.

I started taking it this morning but shortly after (about 30mins or so) I vomited a little bit (very tiny) but think the medication may have come back up. I am going to take a second one now as it is lunch time (I can take up to 3 per day).

I am just wondering, have any of you experienced Stemetil? How quickly did you find it took effect? or did it have any effect at all?

Your experiences would be most welcome.

thanks!
    HL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No medical advice.

Medications work differently for different people, one person's experience may not be the same as yours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement