Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Dublin-Carlow bus?

Options
  • 25-06-2013 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Can anyone let me know how much the Bus Eireann bus from Dublin to Carlow (Return) is? I find bus eireann's website extremely confusing. I know the JJ Kavanagh is €15 return and takes approx 2 hours, is the BE bus any handier than that, in terms of how long it takes to get there and how frequent the buses are?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Open return is 15 day return is 14.

Bus eireann takes an hour 15 to an hour and a half. It goes the motorway up.

Kavanaghs are more frequent but tbh I go for bus eireann 99% of the time. I just don't like spending 2 hours on a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ShelTomato

Open return is 15 day return is 14.

Bus eireann takes an hour 15 to an hour and a half. It goes the motorway up.

Kavanaghs are more frequent but tbh I go for bus eireann 99% of the time. I just don't like spending 2 hours on a bus.

Thanks. I cannot believe it's the same price as jj kavanagh I assumed it would cost more. All the wasted hours on that bus!! Figures I would find this out on my last week in Carlow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Bus Eireann is far quicker than JJ Kavanaghs and afaik slightly cheaper.

bus eireann
    Service 4
    12.50 : Adult Single
    15.00 : Adult Rtn
    14.00 : Adult Day Rtn
    6.50 : Child Single
    9.50 : Child Return
    8.50 : Child Day Rtn
    10.50 : Student Single
    12.50 : Student Rtn
    14.50 : Adult MW Rtn
    9.00 : Child MW Rtn
    34.50 : Family Rtn
    46.00 : Adult 10 Jny
    38.00 : Student 10 Jny

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Bus Eireann is quicker as it doesn't stop in the towns on the way, but it didn't turn up once and I was stuck in Carlow the weekend so that goes against it for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Coutinho 10

Has anyone experience getting either early morning bus to the airport I have a 6.50 am flight.

Just wondering with bus is the best one to take?

• Advertisement

Has anyone experience getting either early morning bus to the airport I have a 6.50 am flight.

Just wondering with bus is the best one to take?

My friend took the 3.40 bus from Carlow to the airport on bus eireann before and I think she got up before 5 anyway. It just goes to newlands cross then the m50 straight to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Is the Carlow stop central in the town or do you need a taxi to get into town?

maringo wrote: »
    Is the Carlow stop central in the town or do you need a taxi to get into town?

No its in the town. You are within walking distance of pretty much everything. :)

Advertisement