Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem replacement

• 25-06-2013 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Spoke with eircom on Friday regarding modem replacement for my daughters address as the one in situ up had obviously clapped out.

Went through the usual testing etc. with the tech support guy before he was convinced new one required. Had previously been stung before with a 12 month contract when my modem was replaced but was assured this modem was obsolete and would be replaced without 12 month contract. Also guy was very helpful and he arranged for modem to be delivered to my address (very close) this morning.

Needless to say never arrived and have now been told it might be TWO MORE DAYS and they will ring on my mobile if I am not here when the delivery guy eventually arrives.

Dont believe anything at this stage and can't believe they have not got a better system for replacement in 2013. Also no credit for downtime of modem and still dont trust eircom around the 12 month contract which is an insult for them replacing their own faulty equipment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Replacement modems take 2-3 working days, so about 1-2 more days should be right, unless the person you were talking to stated that they are going to arrange a next day delivery it won't be out till tomorrow.

Advertisement