Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nitelink bus service to The Square in Tallaght

Options
  • 25-06-2013 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Myself and a friend are looking to get home from town to (anywhere near) The Square in Tallaght in the early hours of the morning. We're looking at the Dublin Bus website but, because we're not too familiar with the area, we're a bit confused as to which Nitelink bus to take.

Any help at all with this would be greatly appreciated. Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

77N

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/77n/

Do remember it's only available on Friday and Saturday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

77N

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/77n/

Do remember it's only available on Friday and Saturday nights.

Cheers for the reply!

I see that stops at Tallaght Village, Blessington Road and Tallaght (Westbrook Estate). Does it also stop near The Square or, if not, which one of these would be the best to get off at? Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

Probably the Blessington Road stop but make sure to ask the bus driver on the night when you're getting on and he / she will tell you when the stop is coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Yes get off at the Blessington Road stop.

Take the High Street (Turn at Choices restaurant), go straight up, pass the Abberley Court Hotel, keep going straight, cross the road at the zebra crossing, McDonald's will now be on your right-keep going and you're at The Square.
    OR if you get off on the Blessington Road outside Tallaght Auto Parts, just take a left and you'll end up at McDonald's, then the Square's just on the right.

Brilliant, thanks a million to all of ye. Much appreciated! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

49N also goes to Tallaght Village which is a couple of minutes walk from the Square

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/49n/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lalalau

Hi! I'm new in Tallaght and I would like to use nocturne service, but i don't know if there is any bus stop near to my house. I live in Avonmore road (77A) and I cant find 77n route, I've only found this information about areas served: Cork Street, Dolphin's Barn, Crumlin Road, Walkinstown Roundabout, Greenhills Road, Tallaght Village, Blessington Road, Tallaght (Westbrook Estate). So are there only 8 stops??

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

It's been a long time since I got the nite link, but I remember the driver would stop if you asked.

It's been a long time since I got the nite link, but I remember the driver would stop if you asked.

That's handy to know. Cheers!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

lalalau wrote: »
    Hi! I'm new in Tallaght and I would like to use nocturne service, but i don't know if there is any bus stop near to my house. I live in Avonmore road (77A) and I cant find 77n route, I've only found this information about areas served: Cork Street, Dolphin's Barn, Crumlin Road, Walkinstown Roundabout, Greenhills Road, Tallaght Village, Blessington Road, Tallaght (Westbrook Estate). So are there only 8 stops??

Thanks!!

No, they will stop everywhere on that route, the areas are a guideline, they couldn't list every stop.

Beware though the 77N would not serve the same areas as the 77A such as Tymon North. It could be the closest though.

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    No, they will stop everywhere on that route, the areas are a guideline, they couldn't list every stop.

Great to know, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

lalalau wrote: »

Thanks!!

The 49N is probably your best choice - it operates along Old Bawn Road.

Advertisement